Project Manager, Pre-Construction (Multiple Locations)
- 45240 Business Ct, Sterling, VA 20166, USA
Schnabel was founded in 1959 in Washington D.C. by Harry V. Schnabel Jr.
His commitment to innovation and operational efficiency was driven by an intuitive understanding of what clients valued most — getting out of the ground to street level as quickly, safely and efficiently as possible.
Over 60 years later, and now with a national footprint, Schnabel still prioritizes innovation and operational efficiency as a proven pathway to success.
(This position is available in all seven of our regional locations in the states of MD, CO, GA, TX, CA, IL, & PA)
Project Managers, Pre-Construction work within the Sales/Pre-Construction group to develop solutions to clients’ needs. The Project Manager has both academic and field experience. They use their experience to analyze drawings and specifications, develop a scope of work, and prepare detailed estimates for specialty geotechnical projects including cost and schedules. They work closely with others and communicate with a variety of people from clients to suppliers to operational personnel.
- Evaluate bid opportunities
- Gather and review specifications and drawings to determine the scope of work
- Attend pre-bid meetings and conduct site visits
- Collaborate with operations teams to determine the best way to build the project
- Prepare quantity takeoffs, schedule and budget
- Prepare and deliver proposals to clients
- Facilitate turning over the project to the Operations Team after project award
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Engineering or equivalent degree and experience
- 3-5 years of estimating, project management or Construction Manager experience
- PE or ability to obtain PE license preferred
- Travel is required up to 30%
Schnabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel participates with EVerify.