Project Manager, Operations (Multiple Locations)
- 45240 Business Ct, Sterling, VA 20166, USA
Schnabel was founded in 1959 in Washington D.C. by Harry V. Schnabel Jr.
His commitment to innovation and operational efficiency was driven by an intuitive understanding of what clients valued most — getting out of the ground to street level as quickly, safely and efficiently as possible.
Over 60 years later, and now with a national footprint, Schnabel still prioritizes innovation and operational efficiency as a proven pathway to success.
(This position is available in all seven of our regional locations in the states of MD, CO, GA, TX, CA, IL, & PA)
Project Managers are responsible for supervising and managing all aspects of the projects they are assigned to so that construction work is completed in accordance with plans, specifications, and corporate standards. They plan, organize, direct, and coordinate all activities concerning the project so that the work is performed safely and is completed on schedule and within budget. Project Managers participate in regional planning, personnel development, and product improvement. Project Managers should understand the needs of all stakeholders in the project and bring people together to accomplish objectives and solve problems. They should develop new ideas for improving our processes and cultivate relationships with customers to develop future business opportunities.
- Manage all aspects of construction projects and be accountable for project schedule and financial performance
- Work with the foreman to facilitate recruiting, hiring, and training of project personnel as required to meet project goals
- Ensure construction logs, test reports and other documentation is collected and maintained
- Inspect projects to monitor compliance with the plans and safety policies
- Maintain invoicing and timely collections
- Cooperate and coordinate with design team for revisions as required through project completion
- Accurately provide revenue and profit projections each month and report quantities each week
- Maintain a safe workplace and comply with OSHA and Schnabel safety requirements
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and suppliers
- Identify and implement improvements to processes, procedures, products, or equipment
- Participate in regional planning and initiatives as assigned
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, or Construction Management or equivalent degree and experience
- Up to 7 years of prior heavy civil construction or geotechnical experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Ability to perform critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Comfortable with negotiation and conflict resolution
Schnabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel participates with EVerify.