Research and Development Engineer
- 45240 Business Ct, Sterling, VA 20166, USA
Schnabel was founded in 1959 in Washington D.C. by Harry V. Schnabel Jr.
His commitment to innovation and operational efficiency was driven by an intuitive understanding of what clients valued most — getting out of the ground to street level as quickly, safely and efficiently as possible.
Over 60 years later, and now with a national footprint, Schnabel still prioritizes innovation and operational efficiency as a proven pathway to success.
Schnabel is searching for a geostructural research engineer to join our Corporate office in Sterling, Virginia.
- Research and develop new and better ways of doing our work.
- Transfer knowledge throughout the company.
- Support construction projects across the country.
- Perform geotechnical analysis and structural design.
- Provide technical assistance to field operations.
- Assist with bidding/estimating of select projects.
- Responsibilities and authority increase with experience and positive contributions.
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Desire to work in the construction industry.
- Demonstrated understanding of geotechnical and structural design concepts.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally, often on short notice.
- Excellent communication skills.
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident.
Schnabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel participates with EVerify.