GeoStructural Design Engineer (Multiple Locations)
- 45240 Business Ct, Sterling, VA 20166, USA
(This position is available in all seven of our regional locations in the states of MD, CO, GA, TX, CA, IL, & PA)
Schnabel was founded in 1959 in Washington D.C. by Harry V. Schnabel Jr.
His commitment to innovation and operational efficiency was driven by an intuitive understanding of what clients valued most — getting out of the ground to street level as quickly, safely and efficiently as possible.
Over 60 years later, and now with a national footprint, Schnabel still prioritizes innovation and operational efficiency as a proven pathway to success.
The geo-structural design engineer works with project managers and estimators to develop solutions to our clients’ needs. The ideal design engineer has both academic and field experience. The design engineer works closely with others and communicates with a variety of people.
- Prepare geotechnical and structural designs for projects and bids
- Support estimators and project managers
- Stamp designs with professional engineering licenses
- Assist sales effort by review specifications and drawings and performing take-offs
- Collaborate with design and operations teams to determine the best way to build the project
- M.S. degree in civil engineering
- 5 to 15 years of geotechnical and/or structural design experience
- PE license or ability to obtain
Schnabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel participates with EVerify.