Associate Director, Paid Social
- 1675 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, USA
Publicis Health Media (PHM) is the market-leading media agency in the health category, providing unmatched health and pharmaceutical expertise, innovation, and buying clout for some of the world’s biggest healthcare brands. The work we do at PHM is shaped by our genuine passion for health and wellness: the imperative to help real patients navigate the most pivotal moments of their healthcare journeys—moments of curiosity, fear and optimism.
As health media specialists, we channel this passion into a dogged pursuit of marketing solutions that help our clients and brands navigate the complexity of the modern healthcare landscape. From deep category expertise to the latest innovations in the industry, our team’s best-in-class health media aptitude allows us to deliver on that promise for our clients.
PHM has its finger on the pulse of the industry—we’re a creator culture with the deep insights to uncover what’s important now and next in media. Our annual HealthFront, the only industry upfront dedicated to health, profiles industry trends and disruptors and helps drive our client’s business results in the dynamic health & wellness marketplace.
Internally, we align around our mission to connect people with life-saving health and wellness solutions every day and we celebrate our connection to one another and the communities around us through our #PHMLove movement.
PHM is part of Publicis Health, the world’s premier health-oriented agency network. A division of Publicis Groupe, Publicis Health manages top-tier agencies specializing in promoting innovative solutions in advertising, digital, branding, message delivery, market access, and medical communications.
The Associate Director, Paid Social Media is the key resource for the social team in managing paid promotional efforts through social media. The Associate Director will work with respective teams to develop strategy for paid social promotion and will be responsible for setting up, optimizing, and reporting on social campaigns.
While providing thought leadership, the Associate Director builds strong relationships and establishes clear lines of communication with internal and external partners. Associate Directors will have a direct line of communication to senior members of the team, which is designed to facilitate knowledge sharing in both directions.
• Has solid knowledge of the brands, category, channels & processes
• Deep understanding of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Linkedin, Pinterest, SnapChat, etc.
• Well versed in vendor landscape, contributes to agency POVs
• Maintains understanding of new and evolving product offerings
• Monitors the latest trends in social media, including advertising formats, channels and technologies in order to improve campaign performance and provide recommendations on how clients can best leverage new tools and services
• Intermediate level understanding of Excel functions (ie. VLook-up, Pivot Table, chart building) and PowerPoint
• Understanding of analytics tools (such as Google Analytics and Adobe SiteCatalyst)
• Understanding of bid management tools (such as Marin and Kenshoo)
• Familiarity of financial terminology and how it relates to the overall agency process
• Understands how the agency works and how jobs flow through the agency
Internal: Operations, Tactics and Strategy
• Collaborates with internal brand partners to influence clients¹ social media goals and client deliverables. Keeps internal team apprised of status on all campaigns by issuing timely and accurate documentation and correspondence:
o Provides progress reports to team leads as needed
o Provides ongoing feedback and evaluation of campaign performance and activity
• Researches target audience interests/activities on social media to develop targeting strategy
• Develops ads (as appropriate) and consults with agency partners when content for promotion is developed by a third party
• Develops campaign structure and sets-up campaigns within social platforms including 4C
• Compiles data across several social media platforms and create weekly/monthly reports, including key metrics and analysis for insights, optimizations and future strategy development
• Identifies and implement optimizations
• Diligently and flawlessly executes on assigned area of project
• Stays abreast of changes and new opportunities in the social media space and proactively communicate key updates to the larger team
• Trains and mentor associates and managers on agency best practices
• Day to day point of contact for the assigned client and agency partners as it pertains to paid social campaign management
• Ability to translate and communicate campaign success to clients
• In-person interaction and presentations with assigned brand team members
• Manages client facing deliverables and communications specs, program details, and deadlines
• Participates in client status calls and financial meetings with client and provides timely follow-ups
• Ability to clearly communicate both orally and in writing
• Exhibits Integrity and Trust
• Exhibits Self Development
• Adherence to agency procedures (on-time and accurate timesheets, 360 feedback)
• Proficiency in computer skills used to manage day-to-day workflow (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite)
• Ability to work in a matrix (multi-supervisory) environment; Ability to multi-task, manage one¹s time, and demonstrate personal organization and ability to meet deadlines (strong work ethic); Ability to take initial direction, then transition to a more independent work style.
Education and Experience
• 7-10 years biddable paid social media campaign management experience
• Healthcare industry knowledge a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.