Software Developer – Backend Reporting and Data 
- Sportyvna Square, 1a, Kyiv, Ukraine
Playtech is the gambling industry's leading technology company, delivering business intelligence-driven gambling software, services, content and platform technology across the industry’s most popular product verticals, including casino, live casino, sports betting, virtual sports, bingo and poker. It is the pioneer of omni-channel gambling technology through its integrated platform technology, Playtech ONE. Playtech ONE delivers data-driven marketing expertise, single wallet functionality, CRM and safer gambling solutions across one single platform across product verticals and across retail and online.
Playtech partners with and invests in the leading brands in regulated and newly regulated markets to deliver its data-driven gambling technology across the retail and online value chain. Playtech provides its technology on a B2B basis to the industry’s leading retail and online operators, land-based casino groups and government sponsored entities such as lotteries.
Playtech has in total c.5,900 employees across 18 countries and is headquartered in the Isle of Man.
In 2015, our Kiev office was listed in the top 25 most popular offices in the world by Office Snapshots, a leading online resource for the global design community.
Located in Gulliver’s bustling business centre, the office boasts stunning panoramic views along the entire parameter of the building and houses a modern interior with maximum light while feeling cosy and inviting at the same time.
The concept of the office style was developed by architecture experts, the SoEsthetic Group, who designed our comfortable reception areas, spacious game zone, two kitchens per floor and the exceptional view across the beautiful city.
Follow us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/18717
Watch us on YouTube youtube.com/c/PlaytechChannel
The reporting and data team will be building the next generation of reporting and analytics for the Playtech Sports Digital platform. The team has significant responsibility for setting out a vision for replacing existing components with a modern and performant solution. As part of this team, you will have a large influence on the direction, architecture, and tooling of this solution.
This is a new team within our development organisation. The sports platform includes applications within our micro service architecture using a mix of Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Oracle SQL, MongoDB and RabbitMQ. Experience in these specific technologies is desirable, as is experience in Linux environments, Databases and a confidence in general programming paradigms. The sports platform provides our customers – sportsbook operators – with tools to monitor and manage large numbers of betting opportunities, players, and bets.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· 4+ years' professional experience building data and reporting solutions
· 2+ years’ professional experience using Python
· Breadth of knowledge across data solutions and architectures
· Proven track record of applying your knowledge to build performant and informative reporting
· Ability to communicate effectively and advocate for your ideas to stakeholders in different parts of the business
Job Title Software Developer – Backend Reporting and Data – Playtech Sports UK Digital
Contract / Permanent Permanent only
Location of Role Kiev (currently remote)
· A practical and hands-on approach to building a solution from requirements to production implementation
· Excellent technical skills, in particular a good knowledge of Python
· Excellent SQL knowledge – including schema design and performance implications on large datasets
· Experience in optimising query performance in relational DBs
· An independent and self-directed nature, able to take the initiative without close supervision
· Linux / Unix experience
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Experience within a highly technical environment, solving complex problems.
· Experience of using Micro Services, RESTful APIs, message brokers (e.g. RabbitMQ) and NoSQL datastores (e.g. MongoDB).
· Experience of Docker, Kubernetes.
· Previous commercial experience in Gambling or Sports Betting sector.
• Professional growth
• Educational possibilities
• Competitive compensation
• Fully-equipped perfect office space located in the city center (“Palats Sportu” metro station)
• Warm and friendly attitude to every specialist
• Possibility to cooperate with a product company
If you are creative, “out of box thinker” and ambitious enough to make a difference in such a large scale International business, you are more than welcome to apply for one of our open positions at Playtech Kyiv. We’ll contact you if there’s a fit with one of our opportunities.