Community Contact Tracer, Full-Time, Days
- 211 E. Ontario, Chicago, IL
- Employees can work remotely
- Job Shift: Day Job (1st)
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
REMOTE POSITION - Must be able to come into the office on occasion.
The NMHC Community Health Representative reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Provides support to patients in order to assist them in achieving medical and social stability.
- Provides these services in both the community, telephonically, and in an outpatient clinic to ensure maximum flexibility.
- Supports individuals, families, and communities to strengthen their capacity and access to resources: including, food, housing, care, health information and health insurance.
- Facilitates patient and family education that promotes wellness and increases knowledge of the health care system.
- Actively participates as a member of an inter-professional team; working with physicians, pharmacists, social workers, therapists, and clinicians to provide comprehensive patient care.
- Provides services in both the community, telephonically, and in an outpatient clinic to ensure maximum flexibility.
- Assess health status and social determinants of health
- Follows regulatory reporting requirements
- Documents appropriate data and submits reports as required for patient tracking or contact tracing.
- Assists patient to connect to federal entitlement appointments via public transportation as needed.
- Utilizes advanced problem-solving skills and creativity to coordinate action plans when barriers are present.
- Utilizes conflict resolution skills as necessary to ensure timely resolution of issues and system problems.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in appropriate educational activities.
- GED or High school diploma
- Minimum two years of customer service experience in a professional office environment.
- Community outreach and education experience.
- Experience in patient tracking/contact tracing.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.