Director, Product Management
- Hangzhou, China
Leading Products – Innovative Ideas – Exceptional People ….MicroStrategy, A Dynamic Place to Work!
At MicroStrategy, we are passionate about creating powerful, disruptive technologies that transform how companies do business. Innovative products and ultimately our success are rooted in one driving force—our people. Our casual and flexible environment encourages creativity and collaboration, so you’ll have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while pursuing your interests and developing, both professionally and personally. Bring us your passion, curiosity, and fresh ideas, and be a part of technology innovation at its best!
The Director Product Management, China works In an environment where the future success of the organization rests on the ability to anticipate where the market is headed, what the competition is doing, and what customers need to be successful, the Director Product Management must have a thorough understanding of the business intelligence market and competitive landscape, and recognize superior opportunities within the market and quickly mobilize a team where needed to take advantage of those opportunities.
• Conduct market research, including needs of the local market and market specific competitive analysis, primary research with customers and secondary research through other sources including analyst reports, competitive websites, and industry association/conference material
• Serve as the product expert and guide product direction through defining best practices and optimal global customer experience
• Establish an effective marketing strategy for the local market and work with In-house Marketing Translator to oversee localization of Marketing content for the local market
• Manage customer feedback initiatives to determine the product offering best suited to the local market (product packages, presentation/UX, payment plans, feature selection)
• Train sales executives on new products and features and devise and oversee sales strategy for local market
• Work cross functionally with engineering, technical support, sales and professional services to ensure all the pieces come together
• Fully understand roadmap and help the local engineering teams make quick local decisions based on understanding priorities and goals. Including roadmap communication, feature validation, feature prioritization, writing features, and defect triage.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Education: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8+ years relevant product management working experience
- Expertise in SQL/MDX/Data Modeling
- Experiences in Enterprise Software industry or internet company
- Have an understanding of customer requirements and scenarios for data modeling and data warehouses – specifically for analytics use cases.
- Strong communications skills.
- Flexibility on timing.
- Experience with business modeling.
- Fluent written and Oral English.
- Experience with Business Intelligence software.
- Be able to travel throughout the APAC region.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines