MBA Marketing Summer Internship (El Segundo)
- Location: California - El Segundo
- Company: Mattel Sales Corp.
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team: This is Marketing at Mattel. We work with play! Our portfolio of leading global brands has right-now impact, and we have teams dedicated to inspiring and developing the next great toy brand! We’re no ordinary CPG company. In addition to developing our own IP, we work with pretty much all of the top licenses around the globe, from superheroes to supermodels to superstar wrestlers. We’re in the digital space with exciting online and mobile content, and we have the unique opportunity to help shape the development and memories of this generation of children- and hopefully generations to come. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you read on for further details.
The Opportunity: Mattel is currently seeking MBA Marketing Summer Interns. Our internship program is driven by a single focus: to find our future leaders. We encourage interns to push boundaries because we want to see how far you might take us some day. We provide you with phenomenal managers, mentors and buddies to help you accomplish more than you would have thought possible. And we team you up with other interns because every great thing that comes out of Mattel is done as a team. The MBA Intern Program runs 10-12 weeks and based at headquarters in El Segundo, CA.
We are seeking a highly motivated MBA students to join our teams. The internship runs 10-12 weeks and consists of three elements:
- Individual: Day-to-day and special project responsibilities within one of our marketing teams.
- Group: Work in a cross-functional intern group on a project that will be presented to senior management at the end of the internship.
- Networking: Various information sessions, field trips, meet & eat lunches with executives, and networking events.
A Mattel marketing intern will be hired into one of the following marketing areas on a particular brand or account:
Brand Team: Responsible for global brand management by creating and developing global brand strategy, content, product, and communication assets to drive sell in and sell through.
Franchise Marketing: Responsible for developing global x-category business plans, marketing strategy and activations for top Mattel IP across touchpoints including TV, Film, YouTube, Music, Live Events, Gaming, Partnerships and consumer products in the Toy aisle and beyond.
Customer Marketing (Omnichannel): Lead shopper solutions for all brands, focusing on Walmart, Amazon, Target, and Emerging Channels. Develop brand retailer strategy aligned to account needs, focus on channel management, plan and execute promotions, and optimize digital retail for shopper conversion.
US Brand Activation (Commercial Marketing): Activate global brand campaigns at the local level across categories. Develops and executes overall go-to-market strategy and activation for the U.S., having responsibility over areas such as annual planning, line selection, pricing, media and local partnerships.
What Your Impact Will Be: (Responsibilities will vary based on placement and may include)
- New Product Development
- Marketing Program Development and/or Execution
- Cross-Category Franchise Planning
- New IP Launch Support
- Strategic Thinking
- Analysis and Action
- Promotional planning and execution
- Channel management
- Digital retailing
- Category growth
- Identify opportunities through shopper and consumer insights
- Partner with various groups including Sales, Insights, Design, etc.
What We’re Looking For:
- 1st year MBA student enrolled in a full-time program (2nd year MBA student in part-time program), graduating in 2024
- Minimum 2-3 years work experience
- Proficient in Excel and Power Point
- Interest in toys, dolls, cars, games, entertainment, pop culture and/or action figures in Mattel’s portfolio of Brands
- Experience presenting to small & large audiences at all levels
The annualized base salary for this position is $90,000
- Marketing or CPG experience
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work™ and as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2022.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.