Learning and Development Administrator - Part Time
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
- Department: The Marshall Centre
At Marshall Centre we are a group of like-minded people dedicated to finding new and better ways of working that help our people, the customers we serve and the communities we live in thrive. Our approach to lifelong learning is essential in helping shape the growth and development of our culture and ensure we harness the power of an agile structure that gives people the flexibility to generate new ideas that help meet our ambitions.
The role of Training L&D Administrator will be responsible for a range of tasks including the administration and management of data to enable the operating and success of Marshall Centre. This role will sit within Marshall Centre and will contribute to the performance, growth and profitability within the Marshall Centre. We are looking for someone on a part time basis, 2-3 days per week.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Responsible for administrative duties relating to all training, apprenticeship, wellbeing and professional qualifications
- The processing of invoices, expenses and any other financial information in an accurate and timely manner, highlighting any anomalies to the appropriate manager
- Acts as a point of contact for queries or bookings from colleagues, customers and stakeholders, responds to or escalates queries where appropriate to ensure a high-quality service is delivered. Monitors mailboxes / service desk requests
- Provide support to the L&D Manager and learning facilitators as required e.g. creating course materials such as digital and hard copy handouts, updating slide decks, creating other course content such as videos and other digital content
- Working with the Enrolment Coordinator to coordinate, monitor and control the induction and onboarding process for new learners to ensure a positive onboarding experience
- Responsible for creation of a new Marshalls Centre induction for Marshall Centre employees
- Monitor course booking levels and take a proactive approach to course promotions and marketing. Work collaboratively with Marketing to ensure all promotional activity regarding our courses is up to date and accurate
- Follow all Marshall Centre procedures to ensure that learners are awarded their certification at the end of the courses and appropriate records of learning are maintained and reported as required
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders, works with the wider team to ensure the smooth running of courses
- Ensures all data is kept up to date and accurate and processed in accordance with GDPR and data protection regulations
- Complies with health and safety policy, local practices and control measures, reports risks, accidents or near misses promptly to contribute to a safe workplace. Attends H&S meetings, takes minutes, conducts risks assessments and undertakes fire warden duties.
- Manage room bookings and resources for all training and apprenticeship delivery
- Responsible for clocking and booking of apprentices
- Booking of any travel arrangements and accommodation for colleagues and visitors
- Collection and distribution of internal/external mail
Our Training Administrator puts the customer at the heart of what they do to create a great learner experience, communicates effectively and manages internal and external customer expectations.
You will be curious, happy to challenge the status quo and adopt a mindset of continuous improvement to achieve operational efficiencies of established work processes to deliver a consistent, high-quality service to colleagues, customers and stakeholders
- CIPD 3 (Desirable)
- Previous administration experience preferred within a HR, Training or L&D function.
- A strong eye for detail
- Keen interest within L&D
- Self starter - able to work with minimal supervision.
- Prioritisation and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident in Microsoft packages.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.