[2024-2025] KIPP NYC Emerging Leaders
- Start Date: Next year opening
- Department: School Leadership
KIPP NYC Public Schools is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepares students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in The Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond – and in so doing, to prove what is possible for all students. Today, our New York City network is comprised of eight elementary schools, nine middle schools, one high school, and KIPP Forward, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. KIPP NYC Public Schools currently serves more than 9,350 students and alumni, has a staff of more than 1,000, and continues to grow!
Thank you for your interest in the Emerging Leaders Program. To complete your application, please create one Google Drive Folder (make sure permissions are set so that anyone with the link can view) and upload the required components below. To be considered a complete Emerging Leaders application, there must be a minimum of 3 uploaded documents, as outlined below. Please review the instructions for each portion carefully.
Please use the following naming conventions to save all required components:
- Google Folder:
- First Name Last Name / ProgramName 24-25
- Ex: Colette Perrine / EmergingLeaders 24-25
- Application Components:
- ApplicationComponent_LastName_First Name_ProgramName_SY2425
- Ex: Essay_Perrine_Colette_EmergingLeaders_SY2425
Application Component A: Resume
1. Please upload to your Google Folder an up-to-date resume (and make sure the document has open viewing privileges) that includes all professional roles you have held, dates for each position, as well as key achievements and accomplishments. Please note: In order to be a competitive candidate for Emerging Leaders, we ask that you have experience leading projects or work that has impacted your school community.
Application Component B: Essay
The Emerging Leaders application focuses on the following competencies: Self-Awareness, Cultural Competence, Impact & Influence, Continuous Learning, Student Focus, and Achievement Orientation. Please make sure you connect each competency to at least one of the four questions below.
2. Please upload to your Google Folder a document (make sure the document has open viewing privileges) with a response to each of the following questions:
- Why do you want to enter the Emerging Leaders program, and what experiences have led you to this stage in your developmental journey? (250 words or fewer)
- How have you demonstrated leadership skills in your current position (programs, new initiatives, student outcomes, etc.)? (250 words or fewer)
- In reviewing the Leadership Readiness Criteria, what would your supervisor and/or colleagues say is your greatest strength? (250 words or fewer)
- In reviewing the Leadership Readiness Criteria, where would your supervisor and/or colleagues say you have the most need for growth? (250 words or fewer)
Applicant Component C: Student Performance Data & Reflections
Successful applicants to the KIPP NYC Emerging Leaders program have demonstrated their commitment to their students and can clearly communicate their results. Please make sure you connect each focus competency (Self-Awareness, Cultural Competence, Impact & Influence, Continuous Learning, Student Focus, and Achievement Orientation) to the two questions below.
3. Please upload to your Google Folder a document (make sure the document has open viewing privileges) with a response to each of the following questions:
- Within your current role, what work have you done that has resulted in positive outcomes for kids? How do you know outcomes are positive? Please provide supporting data to support your claims. (300-500 words)
- What work have you done beyond your classroom or individual role that has impacted your school’s broader community (students, families, staff)? (300-500 words)
Please insert the link for your Google Drive Folder. Please ensure the permissions are set for us to have viewing access, and that all required components (3 unique documents) are included. By applying, you are acknowledging that you understand the prerequisite experience and meet preferred qualifications for Emerging Leaders. We look forward to reviewing your application, and thank you for time and for investing in your leadership with KIPP NYC.
Please reach out to Colette Perrine ([email protected]) with any questions!
- In order to be a competitive candidate for Emerging Leaders, we ask that you have experience leading projects or work that has impacted your school community.
- Demonstrated success planning initiatives that impact a school community
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural competence and anti-racism
- An analytical view of tracking progress toward goals
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative
- Extreme flexibility to accommodate multiple priorities and a strong work ethic to accommodate high level of responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal skills that contribute to a collegial working environment and a healthy measure of the character traits we value: zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude and a sense of humor.
- A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of students within our KIPP NYC communities and/or meeting goals
- Bachelor’s degree required
Compensation & Benefits:
KIPP NYC Emerging Leaders will not receive any additional monetary compensation outside of their standard salary rate (based on current roles/responsibilities and salary bands).
KIPP NYC offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverages. Other benefits include retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and supplemental benefits offerings.
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee.
KIPP NYC LLC does not offer visa sponsorship or work authorization.
KIPP NYC LLC is an anti-racist organization that believes in the importance of being diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We are committed to creating a welcoming environment that includes employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving students and families throughout New York City. BIPOC, women, gender expansive, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
KIPP NYC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIPP NYC LLC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.