Public Health Intern
- John M. Keynesplein, 1066 Amsterdam, Netherlands
We have Passion, Care, Expertise and Respect. Do you have the Drive?
Join Us today to make a difference tomorrow.
International SOS is the world’s leading international health care, medical assistance and travel security risk services company with over 11,000 employees, led by 1,200 doctors and 200 security specialists. We provide a world class offering for travellers and expatriates. Every single day we are making a difference in people’s lives and able to support them when they need it the most.
The main project of the candidate will be to set-up and execute a combination of exploratory research on the interest of Government and Intergovernmental Organisations for public health-related services (e.g., public health consulting). The aim is to determine the current status of public health services that are being requested by these organisations and in which ways we can contribute to the market.
During the internship you will:
- Develop and follow a standardised process for collecting data from various sources
- Analyse, interpret and discuss the data
- Report initial findings in the form of a research paper (consistent with academic standards at a bachelor level) and a PowerPoint
- Start building the business case depending on the initial research and scope further (interviews with our medical experts, existing clients, partners)
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritise and multi-task while working in a busy team, managing tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, in particular, Excel and PowerPoint
- High mastery of English language (written and oral), any additional European language will be considered as an asset
- Public Health background
- Data analysis and research focused
- International Business background will be considered as an asset
- Working both, independently and as a team
- Presenting & Communicating Information
- Writing & Reporting
- Learning & Researching
- Planning & Organising
- Results driven and self-motivated
- Possess a can-do attitude with strong initiative
- Database management experience will be considered as an asset
- Last year of Public Health BSc or Public Health students MSc
Travel / Rotation Requirements
Based in our Amsterdam office, with possible travel required within the EU and/or UK
- Estimate duration: 6months with possibility for extension
- Living costs will be covered during the period of the internship.
- Non-EU candidates must comply with the EU visa requirements
Here at International SOS we will offer you an interesting, varied and challenging career, where you will have the opportunity to experience working within a multicultural environment.
Welcome to International SOS, your world of opportunity.