2025 Onsite Diligence & Growth Strategy Analyst
A little about Insight Partners
Founded in 1995, Insight Partners is a global software investor partnering with high-growth technology, software, and Internet Startup and ScaleUp companies that are driving transformative change in their industries. As of February 2022, the closing of the firm's recent fundraise, Fund XII, brings Insight Partners regulatory assets under management to over $90B.
Insight Partners has invested in more than 600 companies worldwide and has seen over 55 portfolio companies achieve an IPO. Headquartered in New York City, Insight has offices in London, Tel Aviv, and Palo Alto. Insight's mission is to find, fund, and work successfully with visionary executives, providing them with practical, hands-on software expertise to foster long-term success. Insight Partners meets great software leaders where they are in their growth journey, from their first investment to IPO.
Insight’s ScaleUp division, Insight Onsite, partners with the firm's portfolio companies to build formidable software businesses. Onsite is comprised of 130+ operational experts with deep experience working at ScaleUp software companies, who have the shared goal to help portfolio companies define their business strategy, build their teams, and improve their operations as they scale. Onsite is organized into 6 Centers of Excellence: Talent, Product & Tech, Marketing, Sales & Customer Success, Business Development, and Strategy and M&A, who provide tailored guidance critical to scaling software businesses.
We look forward to having the opportunity to learn more about you!
Our Onsite Diligence & Growth Strategy (DGS) Analyst program focuses on developing professionals in venture capital and PE investing. If you are an ambitious undergrad, you are passionate and curious about software, technology and scale-ups, and are looking for balanced exposure to the investing and operating toolkits in the world of tech, then we’d love to have you join us.
What You’ll Do
As an analyst, you’ll be involved in the full life cycle of an investment: from due diligence and the decision to invest, to helping our portfolio companies grow, all the way through exit.
Funding technology scale-ups is not easy work. It is a competitive environment where many firms are trying to find their next “winner.” In this role, you will have the opportunity to diligence tech companies while also working alongside founders and employees of Insight’s existing portfolio to drive value and help solve some of their most difficult strategic problems.
(i) Commercial Diligence: You will be on the front lines from day one collaborating with Investment Teams to drive sound decisions. You will work with a small team (3-5 members) to evaluate potential investments, gathering and analyzing information that forms the basis of Insight’s investment thesis. You will learn how to validate (or refute) a thesis and clearly communicate both your quantitative and qualitative findings in memos and business meetings. Each diligence is different, but some common responsibilities include:
- Building market sizing models and conducting primary and secondary market research
- Interviewing a company’s customers, pipeline, channel partners, or employees to gain a deep understanding of competitive positioning
- Modeling and benchmarking company financials
- Analyzing data in customer transaction databases
- Designing, launching, and analyzing customer surveys
(ii) Portfolio Growth Strategy: you will work closely with Insight’s portfolio companies, Operating Partners, and experts within Onsite’s Centers of Excellence to assist companies in their scaleup journey. Onsite’s Centers of Excellence support companies with advice targeted at critical functional areas of a startup (Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Product & Tech, Business Development, and Talent), while operating partners leverage industry experience to collaborate with CEOs and help activate their ambitious goals. Each portfolio engagement is unique though a typical project might look like:
- Building operating models to help leadership understand the impact of strategic initiatives
- Evaluating potential M&A targets and assisting with effective post-merger integration
- Working alongside COE’s to provide data-driven recommendations to the leaders of the sales marketing, sales, and customer success organizations
- Partnering closely with portfolio companies to prepare them for a successful exit from Insight’s portfolio, supporting everything from market pitch to data preparation
Insight has a strong tradition of promoting from within, but Insight Onsite alumni have gone on to start companies, run businesses, become investors, or attend graduate school.
- Undergraduates or 5-year masters students, graduating between December 2024 - June 2025 with an outstanding record of academic achievement (business or quantitative degrees are a plus)
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics and quantitative problem-solving skills
- A solid team player with a proven record of leadership who’s also an independent thinker
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Deadline-driven, organized, and able to multitask
Your employment will be conditional upon:
- Passing a background check
- Confirming your eligibility to work in the United States
- Acknowledgement of, agreement to, and continued compliance with Insight’s policies and procedures, including its Compliance Manual and Code of Ethics contained therein, as amended from time to time
- Execution of a confidentiality agreement in form and substance satisfactory to Insight
We review applications beginning early summer in the order in which they are completed, so it is advantageous to submit your application materials as soon as possible. A completed application entails submitting a copy of your resume and transcript.
Insight Benefits & Perks:
- Parental Leave
- Company Holidays
- Career Pathing / Training
- Lunch & Learns
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Education Reimbursement
- Frequent Company Outings
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer
- Generous Meal Stipend
- Cold Brew on Tap
- Bevi Machine
- Business Casual Dress Code
- Company Swag
- Gym Facilities with Weekly Fitness Classes
- Free Medical & Dental Plans
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Mental Health Resources
- Access to Maven Clinic: Inclusive Family Planning Platform
- Calm Subscription
- Corporate Uber and Lyft Accounts
- Company Discounts
- Hybrid Work Model
- Travel Insurance & Travel Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits
- CLEAR Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Discounted Pet Insurance
- Citi Bike Membership
- Free Wealth Management Consultations with Morgan Stanley
Minimum Salary: $125k annually
Maximum Salary: $125k annually
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.