APAC Reporter - Maritime Intelligence - Shanghai
- Wan Chai Rd, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Lloyd’s List, the leading global source of analysis, data and insight into commercial maritime, is seeking an APAC Editor in a newly created role to meet the expanding needs or our audience and customers.
The APAC reporter will play a key role in developing Lloyd’s List as the brand moves into the next, exciting phase of evolution in a journey that began in London in 1734.
This Shanghai-based position is a critical part of Lloyd’s List's global editorial team, taking responsibility for writing daily and market-shaping news, primarily during the APAC working day.
The reporter will cover relevant companies and agencies in China, the markets in which they are involved, and the regulations and practices which policymakers impose on maritime.
With China’s growing influence on almost every aspect of maritime, from ship finance to sanctions regimes and environmental regulations, the role will help our subscribers identify and understand underlying risks, and opportunities, for their businesses.
While focusing on delivering China market insight, the reporter will also work collaboratively with editors and fellow reporters in all regions.
The role requires strong writing skills, a broad knowledge of economics, finance, general business reporting experience, the ability to work across teams, and a commitment to the high quality of journalism consistent with Lloyd's List's international reputation as a trusted authority on maritime circles.
- Balance the writing of essential, breaking and daily news, with the production of insight stories considered ‘required reading’ by our global audience of shipping industry professionals.
- Keep abreast of the dynamic changes in regulation and risk imposed by both Chinese and external authorities, and their impact on maritime businesses.
- Work with the APAC Editor to develop regular Chinese language output via existing WeChat and e-mail channels, and in podcasts.
- Contribute to editorial-led events and content as required.
- Work with all teams, as required, to grow our audience and revenue in the China market, contribute to editorial-led events and represent Lloyd’s List at industry events.
Desired attributes, experience and skills:
- Educated to degree-level or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience as a reporter
- A fluent Chinese speaker who will network with shipping, trade and statutory decision-makers, and is ambitious to develop as an authoritative writer on maritime developments in, and impacted by, China
- A skilled English-language writer who thrives under pressure, and a team player who can collaborate with colleagues in multiple time zones
- A demonstrated capacity to work quickly and accurately, to regular deadlines
- Advanced digital skills and understanding of how to use digital tools to enhance reader experience and loyalty, an advantage.
- Experience with Content Management Systems and online production.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.