Research intern - spring 2024
- Office: Valby
Interested in developing new business opportunities by
gathering and analysing data from the field?
We’re looking for a research intern.
Who are you?
Are you passionate about understanding human behaviour and
would you like to gather data and translate it into deep user insights
and valuable concepts, strategy and communication? Then our
research internship might be something for you. We imagine that as
our new research intern you:
- Are studying a Master in social science e.g. Sociology, Anthropology, Political Science or similar.
- Have practical and theoretical knowledge on qualitative methods, ethnographic and desk research etc.
- Are creative and sharp at seeing patterns in complex data and translating it to tangible insights.
- Are flexible on working hours during the internship. A normal work day will usually be from 9-17, but field research can take place at all times during the week.
- Are comfortable in conducting research in English, and preferably also Danish-Speaking in order to do do field research in Danish.
- Are proactive, have a go-getter mindset and are not afraid to take professional responsibility in an interdisciplinary team.
Who are we?
IS IT A BIRD is a strategic innovation agency residing in an abandoned auto repair shop in Valby. We combine deep user insight and strategic design to develop new business concepts, strategy and innovation capacity. We have a high focus on creating visual deliveries; accurately communicated recommendations or concepts to inspire our clients in the development of their business.
We are characterised by high ambitions, high spirits, and we appreciate an informal and humorous approach, both in the office and in relation to our customers. We are mixed group of different professional and cultural backgrounds. Our professional language at the office is English.
See more about us and read some case studies here: www.isitabird.dk.
What we offer...
- You will get experience in gathering data and developing insights, which will be used for recommendations, concepts and solutions for our customers.
- You will have the opportunity to work with companies and organisations like Carlsberg, Nike, Henkel, Google and Copenhagen Municipality.
- You will be part of a project team and will take part in all phases of a project, from the development of research design to completion of the final presentation to the client. Your focus will especially be research-design and -execution.
- You will become familiar with IIAB’s process and methods with the scoping, collecting and transforming insights into business opportunities.
- You will work with IIABs coupling of different disciplines from anthropology and design processes for design and communication.
- You will work full time and thereby get a good idea of the life and culture of a young consulting company. We are flexible in relation to any internship assignment and examinations.
The internship runs from January to July 2024.
We offer a salary that corresponds to SU during the internship.
Questions can be directed to Emil Buch Jacobsen at [email protected]
Submit your CV and application to us by Wedensday 1st of November 2023 here.
We look forward to hearing from you.