Third Party Self Pay Collections Coordinator
- Milford, MA, USA
Human Services Management Corporation (HSMC) provides shared business and consulting services to both non-profit and proprietary human services agencies. These services include accounting, payroll, third party billing and collections, human resources, online and live Continuing Education, marketing, facility development and quality assurance programs.
HSMC is currently seeking a Third Party Self Pay Collections Coordinator who will be responsible for thorough and timely patient account follow up to ensure accurate accounts receivable reporting and to ensure payments by primary and secondary payers and/or self-pay patients are accurate. The Self Pay Collector will be responsible for daily generation of patient statements and be responsible for answering patient calls and correspondence while providing timely, accurate, professional responses and resolution.
- Accurate and timely follow up and resolution for all accounts receivable
- Meeting and maintaining cash collection metrics and goals
- Understands each payer contract and will utilize to ensure payments received are correct
- Manages insurance payers and/or patients on past due accounts
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a two-year College or technical school; or two to five years’ experience in a medical office, hospital, outpatient surgery center or related field; minimum of a high school diploma required
- Possess basic knowledge of medical terminology and health insurance billing
- A spirit of co-operation and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience of working in finance and dealing with billing would be desirable
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential including the ability to relate to people at all levels
- Good spelling and grammar
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and multi-task
- A strong understanding of all Microsoft office packages, particularly Excel
Ensure that you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You are a current, regular full- or part-time, substitute or temporary HSMC employee.
- You have been in your current position for at least six months. (Exceptions to this six-month requirement can be made by your current supervisor and should be consistent with company business needs.)
- You have had a current performance evaluation which has rated your job performance as "Favorable" or better (rating 4 or higher).
- You are currently not on a Corrective Action Plan (CAP).
- You must be in compliance with the agency's requirement for all in-service training.
- You meet the qualifications listed for the position on the job posting.