Marketing, Communications and Sales Coordinator
- Cleveland, OH
At Great Lakes Science Center, we make science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) come alive to feed the inner sense of curiosity for guests of all ages. We believe in the value of using real scientific challenges through opportunities to invent, design, tinker and create to encourage curiosity and experimentation. The Science Center remains committed to developing informal science education programs that inspire young minds, improve STEM literacy and cultivate the creative, critical thinkers who will shape the future of Northeast Ohio.
The Marketing, Communications and Sales Coordinator assists the Marketing, Communications and Sales team in developing, executing and managing short and long-term strategies to build awareness of Great Lakes Science Center’s mission, programs and people to facilitate attendance and revenue growth.
- Develops relevant and engaging content for social media and e-communications
- Monitors and manages all social media platforms (currently Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube); identifies opportunities for continued growth; stays current on social media trends particularly as they apply to non-profit marketing; responds to guests in a timely manner
- Builds and executes creative social media and digital campaigns including working with external partners
- Creates, updates and maintains content for the Science Center’s website
- Develops content and executives delivery of the biweekly e-newsletter (Inquiring Minds)
- Provides ongoing measurement and analytics for website, social media and e-communications
- With Director of Communications, assists in the management and maintenance of media relations and external communications
- Coordinates distribution of print collateral
- Works with internal graphic designer and vendors to ensure brand consistency across all communications platforms and marketing assets
- Works with all departments to ensure brand and messaging consistency
- Assists with special and private events as needed to ensure excellent event coordination and execution
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or equivalent
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of programs, social media platforms and Google Analytics. Familiarity with Drupal and Constant Contact a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong cross functional and team collaboration skills
- Demonstrated relationship-builder who is able to partner cross-functionally and work effectively with various levels of the Science Center
- Ability to work evenings, early mornings, weekends and some holidays as needed
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.