Trainee Commercial Manager
Job title: Trainee Commercial Manager
Salary: £25k + free accommodation, subsidised meals, and laundry
Location: Shirebrook, North Nottinghamshire
Frasers Group does not hesitate to push forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying our portfolio and elevating stores. The Frasers Group Elevation Programme will fast-track exceptional individuals to peak performance within two years through exposure to each of the teams within the Commercial Division. You’ll experience the impact of your decisions on customers themselves and see how our products get to the customers.
Unfortunately, Frasers Group is unable to offer placements to candidates on dependent VISA’s, Student Tier-4 VISA’s, Tier-2 Skilled worker VISA’s, or those holding a post-Study work VISA. Please only apply for this programme if you have the permanent right to work in the UK.
Join our two-year fast track Elevation Programme within our commercial team, where you will get exposure to activities and departments such as: making decisions on which products to sell and what they’ll be priced at, buying, identifying customer trends and assessing how products perform. You’ll work closely with warehouse operations, analysing and monitoring the flow of product, seeking efficiencies that will drive commercial benefits across all brands and fascia. Your experience will begin with a two-week immersive orientation programme to set you up for unlimited success. However, there’s no point in learning if you can’t put it into practise. So, you’ll spend some time overseeing the commercial performance of our products throughout their lifecycle. You’ll develop skills in recognising customer trends, building brand partnerships, negotiating with suppliers, analysing commercial performance and more. There is no other programme like this with such broad, fast-tracked exposure within commercial head office retail.
The programme is designed to help you live and breathe our principles. You’ll discover what it means to think without limits, own it, be relevant and be the next champion of commercial retail.
- Valid working rights for the UK
- A degree is not essential. but applicants from Economics, Marketing. Digital, Finance, Business Studies, Fashion & Merchandising, Management are encouraged to apply
- 1 year+ work experience in any industry (if no degree)
- GCSE grade A*-C (or equivalent) in Maths & English
- The ability to put commerciality at the forefront of your decision making
- We are looking for people with a real passion for retail, spotting customer trends and helping us push the boundaries within this industry
- We want someone to bring our data to life, therefore outstanding communication skills, written and verbal, are essential
- Valid right to work in the UK
- Free accommodation during year one of the programme based near our HQ in Shirebrook, Derbyshire, as well as subsidised food and laundry
- Free Everlast Gym membership for your first year (full gym, and exercise class access)
- £25,000 Salary with a progression route for the peak performers to achieve £80k after 2 years
- 20% discount across our brands, including Jack Wills, FLANNELS, Everlast, GAME and many more…
- Trips to London to work at Frasers Group HQ on Oxford Street
- Gifts from Frasers Group brands
The Selection Process: (please read)
Your application will be reviewed by the recruitment team, and you will be informed if you have been successful within 30 days. Successful applications will be invited to complete a short online assessment, that measures aspects such as analytical skills, logic, reasoning and Frasers Group values and behaviours. If you are successful at this point, you will be invited to complete a video interview with one of the recruitment team, where you will get the chance to show us your fearless qualities and ask any questions about the programme, team, or Group. Finally, the fearless few, will be invited to an onsite assessment centre, at our Shirebrook HQ in March 2024. Assessment centre travel expenses will be covered by the Group, including trains/milage and if necessary, hotels or flights.
Job offers will be issued in April and start date for the programme is in Mid-September 2024.