IT Infrastructure Engineer
- Katowice, Poland
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3 billion Euros turnover, more than 650 laboratories across 45 countries and more than 45.000 staff.
We are looking for a delivery focused (Senior) IT Infrastructure Engineer to design and lead complex infrastructure build and implementation projects required for supporting corporate operations. The individual will be involved in championing new relevant technologies and will be involved in re-build initiatives for existing infrastructure. This is a hands-on role that requires can-do attitude to establish close collaboration with the operations/infrastructure/project teams.
- Contribute to the design of IT Infrastructure, in accordance with relevant internal policies.
- Be involved in the build integrations: from the planning/design phase up to delivery.
- Cooperate closely with the rest of IT Infrastructure & Operations, Architecture and Security teams.
- Ensure that the performance, scalability, and security are optimized during the design of the IT Infrastructure landscape.
- Deliver quality documentation allowing for smooth transition of built elements to operations.
- Contribute to bringing Eurofins IT infrastructure to the next maturity level, by ensuring close observance of the policies, rules and processes.
- Hands-on configure and troubleshoot most crucial elements of Eurofins global IT infrastructure.
- Project approach to resolve of technical problems. Troubleshoot occurring issues, getting to the root causes and supporting resolution of the issues found.
- 3rd Line of technical support for Priority 1 incidents.
- Identify, document and promote best practices for IT infrastructure architecture and lead continuous improvement initiatives to drive higher efficiency and performance of the IT Infra services.
- 5-10 years of experience in IT Infrastructure and Operations.
- Technically solid in corporate and enterprise scale of infrastructure implementation.
- Strong prior experience with at least one of the below:
- Active Directory
- MS Exchange
- Web Application Firewalls
- Skype for Business
- Antivirus solutions
- Secure Remote Access
- Server operations
- Bladecenter operations
- OS Standardization
- Storage solutions
- Backup solutions
- Monitoring solutions
- IT Infra & Ops project management
- Cisco ACI
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco ASA
- Wifi (Aerohive & Cisco)
- NextGen Firewall
- VPN (PulseSecure)
- Software Defined Network
- Proven experience of acting as the expert in infrastructure/operations/project teams.
- Global company experience (enterprise grade).
- Excellent communication with technical leaders.
- Team player.
- Systems Thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking)
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Detail oriented
- English spoken and written (B2 or above), University degree, able to do limited travel.
- Very attractive, multicultural and friendly project environment in fast growing international company;
- Cooperation with highly skilled and professional team of architects, functional and technical experts;
- Hands-on experience and participation in establishing of business & IT enterprise architecture;
- Flexible working hours including combination of remote work, home office and international travels;
- Possibility to grow and make the next step in your professional career and self-development
- Long-term relationship and very attractive and competitive salary package and bonus