Junior Data Engineering Consultant
- Ludwika Waryńskiego 3a, 00-645 Warszawa, Poland
- Contract type: Permanent contract
Devoteam, a group of 7000+ digital transformakers, consists of multiple business units and entities spread around the world. We are one of them. With our main office in Stockholm (and our global presence on 6 other markets in EMEA and APAC) we are a mid-size company working closely with the group as leaders in the field of Google Cloud technology.
Our goal is to be one step ahead and to build valuable partnerships with the digital leaders. To be in the forefront we need to have the best talents in our team. That’s why we have a special approach to our employees.
With our Scandinavian heritage come the three pillars of our culture:
- Curiosity: we are curious about people, technology, and business
- Trust: our relationships are built on trust, empowering us to work as a single, cohesive organisation
- Courage: we have the courage to challenge ourselves, our customers, and our partners
About the Team:
Our cloud services team helps our customers big and small move to the cloud. The team is an extension of our customers’ internal IT and development teams, aiding them in the management of their SaaS, Iaas, and PaaS environments. The team is passionate about moving to the cloud and helping our customers plan and execute their cloud strategies.
About the Role:
We are looking for a highly motivated Cloud evangelist to use their experience in public cloud to interpret our customers’ needs, and extract value from their data using GCP and its suite of tools. You will be involved in pre sales activities as well as building upon our customers’ cloud infrastructure, creating analytics in the cloud. We believe data architecture, data ingestion, data storage, and data analysis will be your passion. We want you to know and advocate for Google Cloud Platform and all of its products: Container Engine, Cloud SQL, BigQuery, Google Data Studio, etc. Knowledge in equivalent platforms could be interesting too i.e AWS or Azure makes you a strong candidate. You must be outgoing, able to manage workshops and execute trainings on your own.Part of the job will be to create proposals of your solutions, so professional writing skills in English is a must. As this is an expanding market for us, you will probably be involved in exciting projects in all verticals based in all of our territories, and occasional travel can be expected. To make sure you’re up for any task, you will work with a mentor that’s an expert in your joined field. You will also excel your skills with internal training, practicing in the lab and taking certifications. Your manager will be in charge of your ambitious development plan and help you reach your goals.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in one or more development languages, such as Java, Python, Go or similar
- Experience in drawing UML diagrams
- Enjoys programming in a test driven, agile methodology
- Knowledge of database and data analysis technologies, including relational and NoSQL databases, data warehouse design, BI reporting and dashboard development
- Experience in Hadoop and using platforms such as Apache Spark, Pig or Hive
- Fluency in Polish and English
- Fluency in an additional language would be a plus: Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, German
Devoteam is the #1 EMEA Google Cloud partner, is providing innovative cloud solutions to businesses and organisations around the world. We connect business and technology, and drawing on more than 20 years of experience, we shape Technology for People, so it creates value for our clients, for our partners and for our employees.