Sr. Manager, Product Analytics
- Business Segment: Media Group HQ
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
At Peacock, we know life is complicated but believe entertainment shouldn’t be. We envision a more human streaming experience that embraces the entertainment you love. Backed by 100+ years of NBCUniversal legacy, we know how to entertain. We combine this legacy with an insatiable itch for innovation, embracing the data and technologies that challenge the status quo. Our team is never done obsessing over how best to deliver excellence across television, film, sports, news, and more.
This ambition is a group effort. As challengers at heart, our secret weapon is our talented team of big thinkers, data-driven drivers of growth and innovation. We start by putting people first, embracing empathy and compassion to create a more dynamic, more fulfilling workplace and a better, more enjoyable product. As a company, we embrace the power of transparency and inclusion. We know the best idea can come from anywhere, so we’re committed to creating an organization where we act as one and put ego aside. We are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through trust, teamwork, and talent.
As part of the Product Analytics & Experimentation team, we support a data driven and results focused product organization. The ideal candidate thrives at the intersection of product analytics, data science, product development and business understanding. The candidate will have strong technical, analytical and product background with ability to inform strategy and influence decisions that make an impact.
- Be a catalyst for cultural change by fostering a culture of inclusion, empathy, analytical rigor, and teamwork, while driving the company's success.
- Manage a team of 1-2 Product Analysts as a coach on their analytical work and career growth, helping them reach and realize their full potential.
- Collaborate with Director, Growth & Product Analytics to manage and define team’s roadmap, team design, and strategy.
- As a cross-functional influencer, you will utilize your expertise in data storytelling and actionable insights to drive decision-making and foster a data-driven culture within Product, Product Marketing, Engineering, and Design, ultimately driving decisions that result in the growth of Peacock and delight of our customers.
- Lead the charge in solving critical business challenges and drive meaningful impact through your ability to scope and execute high-priority, cross-functional projects.
- Scale our data-driven initiatives through expertly crafted analytical frameworks, robust documentation, and reusable code.
- Play a key role in supporting Data Engineering to shape the future of Peacock's data as they build and maintain the infrastructure necessary to develop, test, and deploy data pipelines into various data sources.
- Be the driving force behind the optimization of our products by collaborating with the Experimentation team to validate test results and uncover the underlying reasons for success.
- Contribute to regular cadence of product meetings and read out on the current state-of-the-state, key trends, progress towards goals, relevant insights and impacts of experiments.
- 6+ years of applied experience in acquisition, subscriptions, direct to consumer or media entertainment with strong analytics focus on product, growth, project management, & user behavior.
- You can tell us more than one story of how a project you led as an analyst helped a Product or Growth team drive growth for the business.
- Experience defining instrumenting and analytics customer data from digital analytics platforms.
- Experience working with product analytics and experimentation stack (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Airflow, Github, Optimizely, split.io etc.)
- Coding skills for analytics and data analysis (SQL and Python or R.)
- Experience performing analysis with large time series datasets, i.e. Amazon AWS, Snowflake, or Google Big Query.
- Experience in defining data collection and measurement requirements.
- Humble and empathetic to your stakeholders, teammates, and our users.
- Curious and passionate about exploring data; you operate with a bias for informed action.
- Possess a growth mindset and see failure as a necessary step towards advancing learning of yourself and those around you.
- Experience managing multiple stakeholder groups and/or full-time employees
- Think with frameworks across problems.
- Ability to tell great stories with data by simplifying complex analysis.
- Ability to execute innovative methods and processes.
- Self-driven, confident, resourceful, and resilient.
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $145,000-175,000 (bonus and long-term incentive eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].