Groups & Events Coordinator (m/f)
- Área/ função: Coordenador de Grupos & Eventos
A contemporary luxury hotel, with a strong connection to the history of wine, reflected in an innovative service proposal and in the historical connection of the building to the region and to the national gastronomy, with open doors to the city and the Douro.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet with managers or other supervisors to stay informed of changes affecting operations.
- Provide and maintain a high level of customer service through telephone, email and in person contacts.
- Prepare & follow up on group quotes and fulfil group reservations.
- Follow all procedures for group reservations and related requests.
- Ensure evolving needs are addressed / communicated and deadlines are achieved during the process, from initial quote to final booking, including contracts and payment process.
- Ensure documentation is in order, prepare and send group agreements / contracts to clients.
- Liaise with the different departments involved in the booking process, providing accurate details and information on groups and events.
- Manage all group pre-registration files once rooms have been insert into the PMS, communicate all special request.
- To help the Event Operations and Sales department in respect to event preparation activities such as menu design, signage, traffic flow plans, event schedule, vendor / delegate arrivals, and all aspects of the event.
- To maintain accurate files, prepare BEO’s, responding to inquiries for all Events.
- Performs site inspections, food tastings, room sites, and take the opportunity to up-sell the client.
- Perform all duties in a safe and responsible manner.
- Adhere to departmental quality standards.
- Maintain current and accurate product knowledge, booking procedures and policies.
- Requisition of necessary supplies, equipment, or services.
- Display and promote a helpful and professional image to both guests and colleagues and to fully cooperate with either guests or colleagues requiring assistance with a prompt and helpful attitude.
- To consistently deliver 5 stars standard levels of excellence it is the hotel’s aim to encourage all team members to deliver “Above & Beyond” guest expectations as an additional standard of achievement.
- To enhance guests’ needs in order to achieve service excellence.
The above responsibilities are not intended to be all-encompassing. May perform other tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to keep a positive attitude in an extremely fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Language skills
- Associate degree or higher (ideally in hospitality)
- Previous experience, familiar with hotel environment
- Excellent organizational skills