Head of Finance
- 80 Rue Queen, Montréal, QC H3C 2N5, Canada
Do you have what it takes to work at the forefront of payment innovation? Join Mobeewave’s team and collaborate with global finance, technology and payment leaders on an acceptance solution that’s disrupting the payment space!
Who are we?
Mobeewave has created a patented solution to enable people to accept money in person using just their phones. By making it possible for anyone to easily and securely accept payment, the Montreal-based Fintech has attracted the attention of the world’s biggest payment players and technology manufacturers. Already operating in Australia, Canada, India and Poland, Mobeewave is working closely with MasterCard, Samsung, Visa and most well-known worldwide banks. Growing rapidly, Mobeewave is scaling to meet a greater number of deployments in 2019.
Harnessing the NFC capability and secure element of modern mobile devices, Mobeewave’s technology allows a phone to easily and securely receive payment transactions made with all contactless cards (PayPass, payWave) and mobile wallets (Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Android Pay, etc.).
Are you a Mobeewaver?
If you’re a Mobeewaver, you don’t take no for an answer. You’re a self-starter who likes a challenge. You’re not afraid to go beyond the tried and tested. You dare to be different. You jump at the chance to disrupt industries. You’re resourceful. You’re passionate about what you do. You’re highly motivated and you lead by example. And, above all, you value the chance to work with people with the same set of qualities.
Could you be a Mobeewaver?
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of Finance is a tireless financial partner with a focus on driving operations through finance. He or she will provide financial leadership, direction and strategies to the organization and has the ability to develop the strategic road map. It is expected that the Head of Finance will identify opportunities, roadblocks and analyze its impact on future business. He or she has a track record of implementing quality standard operating procedures and structures.
The successful candidate is responsible for but not limited to:
• Provides leadership, direction and financial expertise to Mobeewave and establishes himself/herself with the management team, as well as external stakeholders as a strong and capable financial executive
• Develops and oversees financial strategies and banking relationships
• Drives the company’s fundraising activities and financial leverage
• Drives the quarterly/annual budgeting and planning process, as well as long-range strategic planning
• Oversees monthly budget and actual variance analysis, including key metrics that tie back to financial goals
• Lead the monthly “smart” reporting to investors
• Communicates the company’s strategic direction, financial results, etc. to the investors and strategic partners
• Put in place a virtual data room
• Oversees financial risk management, ensures all business risks are identified and monitored
• Interacts with accounting, tax and other external resources
• Has full ownership of the company’s financial plan (regular updates and adjustments to the detailed financial model and communication of key elements to senior management).
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
·Bachelor’s Degree with a CPA designation
·5 + years financial leadership in a high growth and VC backed environment
·5 + years in managing a multidisciplinary team in a culture-centric environment
·Experience in implementing key institutional financial initiatives to support strategic goals (i.e. investment, mergers and acquisitions, IPOs)
·Relevant experience in financing
·Proven track record of managing relations with financial institutions
·Experience in Fintech or technology company
·International experience, with the knowledge of different currencies, taxes and regulations would be an asset.
Top Candidate’s Profile
·Dynamic with high energy, entrepreneurial style
·Exhibits excellent judgment
·Fully autonomous and of impeccable integrity
·Sharp attention to detail with a natural feel for numbers and data
·A high degree of accuracy in a fast paced, results-oriented environment
·Hires and develops great people
·Has relentlessly high standards
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
·Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
· Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
·Experience with Start-Up Operations
·Self-starter with strong organizational skills and problem-solving capabilities
·Ability to work independently and as part of a team
·Go getter mentality
·Strong communication skills
****** www.mobeewave.com *******
Please visit our website to see what perks we enjoy working at Mobeewave!