Construction Project Manager
- Ascot WA 6104, Australia
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Maccas”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for 50 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to make every moment count!
But we don’t just build burgers; we build property too!
Could you be our next Construction Project Manager?
With new restaurant openings and reinvestment contributing to 2-3% of the Australian business growth each year, our National Development Group plays an integral role in developing new and existing restaurants. Due to a recent internal promotion, we are on the hunt for a self-motivated and experienced construction project manager to join the WA development team. Could it be YOU?
Based in Perth, this role would see you managing sites across the WA market. Now is a perfect time to join the business with a significant number of new restaurants and reinvestment projects planned for years to come. A huge opportunity for you to step in and make your mark in a major brand that is not only serious; but deeply ambitious about its growth.
What can you expect on a day to day basis?
- Work hand in hand with the real estate team to deliver the new store pipeline
- Co-ordinate and evaluate Site Investigation reports including the availability of services, geotechnical and contamination assessments
- Manage and liaise with governing authorities during approval and development process
- Manage the development of project documentation, ensuring compliance with all departmental procedures and processes
- Manage the tender process, evaluation and appointment of contractors, nominated subcontractors and suppliers
- Manage the construction process ensuring stakeholders (i.e. Licensee, Operations, Contractors, Suppliers) are kept informed through regular site meetings and formal status reports
- Ensure construction projects are delivered to time & budget
- Coordinate the project handover process (incorporating all disciplines and suppliers) to ensure the operations team are fully briefed on the operation and maintenance of all items
- Facilitate and action ad hoc building requests from key stakeholders
Your keys to success:
To open the door to success in this team, you must be someone who goes looking for opportunities and who actively drives their own development, never stopping until you get results! You will also be great at building strong relationships, comfortable with being “in the field” and adapting to an extremely fast pace. To get us really excited you will have a degree in construction or project management, however field experience will certainly trump this.
- Demonstrated experience as a Project Manager (or Assistant PM)
- Knowledgeable in construction staging, programming and site safety execution.
- Strong understanding of Australian Construction Building codes and Australian Standards.
- Exposure to a franchise business model in a well-known brand
- Ability to capture and influence business owners (franchise or small)
- Strong Written and Verbal communication skills
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner for the past three years, McDonald’s Australia is defined by its culture. Our culture is an expression of why and how we do things. It influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with our customers, franchisees and suppliers. It is our purpose to feed and foster the community; and our mission is making delicious, feel-good moments easy for everyone.
Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and a market leading incentive scheme; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
If you are a construction project manager who’s looking to make their mark in a globally recognised brand connected to over 7 million customers and ample opportunity for personal growth; then APPLY today.
Applications close April 12, 2021