- Ascot WA 6104, Australia
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Maccas”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for 50 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to make every moment count!
Could you be our next Regional Accountant?
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Accountant to join the McDonald’s finance team in WA.
The overall responsibility and purpose of the Regional Accountant is to be the lead finance contact and expert for the licensees within the WA & SA markets. In this role the Regional Accountant will analyse financial data to ensure system risk is appropriately managed for WA/SA licensees and company owned Restaurants. There will be a strong need to be a subject matter expert to support a multitude of departments within the region on financial analysis including Marketing, Development, Operations and Franchisees/Licensees.
What can you expect on a day-to-day basis?
- Review and analyse reporting of the financial performance for both licensee and company owned restaurants in the WA/SA markets
- Lead , identify and share profit optimisation practices within both Licensee and company owned restaurants
- Develop and analyse feasibilities for property: new sites, current portfolio, lease & free-hold opportunities
- Make decisions that are based on the growth of the market whilst managing profit
- Be involved in the preparation and analysis of licensee restaurant P&L projections and the company owned restaurant budget process
- Analyse financial health of WA/SA licensees
- Collect, interpret and review financial information
- Provide support services to multiple departments and stakeholders within McDonald’s
- Translate information so that it is useful, understood and valuable to key stakeholders
- Provide expert advice on how the company and future business decisions might be impacted
- Produce financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables and expenses
- Develop strategies that work to minimise financial risk
- Analyse WA/SA market trends and QSR/retail competitor trends and translate findings to the business
Your keys to success:
- Tertiary qualification in Finance (Commerce, Economics, Accounting or similar)
- Understanding of the QSR/FMCG/Retail market and how this impacts strategy and results
- Management experience, with an understanding of performance management and development
- Highly collaborative, someone who shares knowledge and expertise
- Able to set priorities and effectively plan for self
- Known for their attention to detail, accurate work and efficiency
- An exceptional communicator who is able to articulately translate complex financial concepts into “plain English” or the language of their key stakeholders
- Adept at leveraging relationships in a reciprocal way; using influence and mutual respect to build relationships and drive outcomes
- Able to courageously (but respectfully) challenge stakeholders to bring an independent and information-driven view where needed
- Self-motivated and proactive, a person who takes initiative to help drive performance
- McDonald’s Restaurant experience / QSR or retail experience
- Exposure to a franchise/licensee model
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner for the past three years, McDonald’s Australia is defined by its culture. Our culture is an expression of why and how we do things. It influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with our customers, franchisees and suppliers. It is our purpose to feed and foster the community; and our mission is making delicious, feel-good moments easy for everyone.
Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and a market leading incentive scheme; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
If you are an experienced accountant who’s looking to make their mark in a globally recognised brand connected to over 7 million customers and ample opportunity for personal growth; then APPLY today.
This is a permanent position. Please note that full working rights in Australia are required. We unfortunately will not be able to consider overseas or visa restricted applicants.