Retail Traineeship Advisor
- Sydney NSW, Australia
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Macca’s”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne.
Could you be our next Retail Traineeship Advisor?
An integral part of the McDonald’s business is developing our people. We have a new opportunity available as a Retail Traineeship Advisor (RTA) servicing Sydney and select regional NSW locations in a 12 month fixed-term contract. A RTA works closely with our Licensee owned and operated McDonald's restaurants to support the assessing of staff completing a Retail Traineeship through McDonald's. Through a fair and consistent approach to National RTO Standards for student enrolment, training delivery and assessment you will assist in ensuring compliance standards are always met and outcomes are aligned with RTO goals.
What can you expect on a day-to-day basis?
- Assisting in identifying employees for progression into traineeships
- Completing all enrolments and relevant traineeship paperwork ensuring accuracy of work
- Ensuring the development and maintenance of training plans for each trainee
- Effectively building and maintaining strong working relationships with Restaurant Managers, Management Teams, local schools and Government Agencies, including the Department of Education
- Conduct School Visits and attend Community Events as required
- Communicating effectively with the Department of Education and other Government Bodies within the sector in the appropriate state
- Providing regular feedback to optimise trainee development
- Providing service and advice to restaurants on McDonald’s traineeships as well as State and Commonwealth funding arrangements
- Servicing Licensee owned and operated McDonald’s restaurants to ensure contractual obligations are being met
- Promoting traineeship program to relevant parties
- Coaching in measuring and improving training results as well as identifying the root cause of problems and developing an action plan
- Conducting monitoring/assessment visit on all trainees monthly
- Ensuring compliance with all minimums and documents all time allocated towards completion of retail traineeship workbook
- Preparing and conducting relevant traineeship induction sessions and training workshops
- Actively contributing to internal and external government audit/validations programs
- Coaching trainees on McDonald’s policies and procedures
- Ensuring each trainee has access to relevant training tools and resources
- Identifying additional resources as required to assist trainees in accomplishing objectives
- Completing assessment on each trainee and ensures VET Quality Framework requirements are met
- Providing assistance to all employees in their application for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Providing support to designated Licensee Restaurants in developing people and assisting in succession planning needs
- Remaining current on operational standards, procedures, and resources to enhance the ability to provide leadership and maximise business results
Your Keys to Success
- Clear and confident communicator including the ability to speak publicly
- Able to engage an audience and present information that assists all stakeholders in understanding the importance of information
- Well- organised and able to set and work to tight deadlines
- Comfortable in providing constructive feedback
- Enthusiastic and able to bring a positive attitude
- Passionate in sharing skills and experience to optimise learning outcomes
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strict in adherence to compliance of National RTO Standards and AQTF Responsibilities
- McDonald’s Restaurant Management Experience highly desirable (however not essential)
- Demonstrated presentation skills/ experience
- Enthusiastic about training and development of people with a high focus on quality training
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment preferred but not essential
- A current driver’s license and access to a vehicle is essential
- Completion of Certificate III in Retail Operations- preferred but not required
- Ability to work evening hours (typically day ranges between 12pm -8pm) - a large number of our trainees complete the retail traineeship as school-based subject requiring coaching after school.
This is a full-time position on a 12-month fixed term contract. Remuneration includes base, superannuation and car allowance. This role is based at our Head Office in Thornleigh however, the majority of time will be spent visiting restaurants within designated areas of Sydney andregional NSW, therefore regular travel is expected in this role.
Restaurant employees are welcome to express interest in is position. Please note that as part of the recruitment process, consultants and/or Franchisees (if applicable) will be contacted for authorisation before an application is pursued. Therefore we encourage all applicants to first speak with their consultant or licensee before applying.