Menu & Product Development Coordinator
- Thornleigh NSW 2120, Australia
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Maccas”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for almost 50 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to make every moment count!
Could you be our next Menu & Product Development Coordinator?
An exciting opportunity has become available in the Marketing Team, for a Menu & Product Development Coordinator. As the Menu & Product Development Coordinator, you will be responsible for the daily management of our Test Kitchen (cleaning and maintenance of equipment), preparing food for tastings with key stakeholders, and day to day coordination of our Menu Team, including the documentation for key projects and relevant forums.
This position will see you working collaboratively with internal cross functional teams and playing an active role in assisting the Menu Team to deliver on business goals.
What can you expect on a day-to-day basis?
- Present the best possible product/concept through teamwork
- Provide support to Product Development Managers
- Responsible for the cleaning, maintenance & repairs of all Test Kitchen equipment
- Quarantine documents, process and audits
- Identify restaurant simplification and optimisation opportunities.
- Stakeholder management – internal and external
- Identify opportunities and provide recommendations
Your keys to success:
- At least two years’ experience in a McDonald’s restaurant as a Crew Coach or above. Extensive kitchen operations experience, PM and cleaning is required
- A passion for food!
- A high level of personal motivation and initiative to pre-empt and address problems
- Commercial acumen and computer skills is essential
- An outgoing, collaborative style that promotes team work, facilitates strong cross-functional relationships and outcomes
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate consistent and high standards of work performance
- A degree of flexibility as research may be conducted outside of business hours
- Organised, methodical and able to effectively manage priorities
- Food science or relevant tertiary qualification is beneficial
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner for three years in a row, McDonald’s Australia values Community and Customer as well as being Bold, Authentic and genuinely caring about our people. Working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and an attractive staff discount; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
So if you are eager to jump into a role with a market-leading brand connected to over 7 million customers and ample opportunity for personal growth, then APPLY today.
Restaurant employees are welcome to express interest in is position. Please note that as part of the recruitment process, consultants and/or Franchisees (if applicable) will be contacted for authorisation before an application is pursued. Therefore we encourage all applicants to first speak with their consultant or licensee before applying.