Senior Tax Manager
- Thornleigh NSW 2120, Australia
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognised brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. Fondly known as “Maccas”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for almost 50 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to make every moment count!
Could you be our next Senior Tax Manager (12 month Contract)?
McDonald’s Australia tax function is looking to recruit a new team member for a 12 month period to support across all projects and responsibilities.
The tax team is part of Global Tax and sits within the McDonald’s Australia Finance department in Thornleigh. The team supports the Australia and NZ business. The role will have a great combination of commercial and technical aspects, and will involve responsibilities for both compliance related projects and ad-hoc advisory work.
This role will span across different taxes, and areas of finance, juggling different priorities. A number of key skills are required such as solid technical understanding, flexibility, organisation, time management and a willingness to learn. Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as effective interpersonal skills, are critical for this role.
Your Keys to success
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce/Finance/Accounting or similar
- Knowledge of accounting principles particularly tax effect accounting
- 5+ years experience in an in-house corporate tax role
- Demonstrated experience working in teams and juggling competing priorities
- Curiosity and commercial awareness – understand the connections between tax and business
- Ability to manage different stakeholders
- Proven capability with different software packages and finance systems
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Review of and responsibility for various Australian and NZ tax return and compliance obligations, including supporting workpapers (e.g. Income Tax, FBT, Withholding Tax etc.)
- Review monthly BAS / GST Return
- Support the tax processes and drive governance areas around tax risk (e.g. internal Tax Risk Management Policy and SOX obligations)
- Prepare regular tax projections for the US group (USGAAP) including tax effect accounting and supporting workpapers.
- Working with external advisors to obtain tax advice, digesting the information and implementing it in a practical way
- Guide, mentor and help develop junior Tax Manager
- Assist transfer pricing analysis
- Support the implementation of a new Enterprise Resource Planning system
- Ongoing review and improvement of tax processes, systems and controls
- Supporting the global tax group on their tax requirements
- Supporting the business on key projects as well as ad-hoc queries
- Dealing with ATO/IRD queries, correspondence and notifications
- Support the tax requirements of the Ronald McDonald House Charities
Key Stakeholders / Relationships
- Working closely with finance and other colleagues, including those in payroll, legal, and HR.
- Managing relationships with external parties, such as tax advisors, auditors and revenue authorities
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner for the past three years, McDonald’s Australia values Community and Customer as well as being Bold, Authentic and genuinely caring about our people. Working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a staff discount and undercover parking; we also provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
So if you are a Senior Tax Manager who is eager to jump into a role with a market leading brand connected to over 7 million customers and ample opportunity for personal growth, then APPLY today.