Development Manager/Assistant Development Manager
- Thornleigh NSW 2120, Australia
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Maccas”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for almost 50 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to make every moment count!
But we don’t just build burgers; we build property too!
Could you be our next Development Manager/Assistant Development Manager?
With new restaurant openings contributing to 2-3% of the Australian business growth each year, our National Development Group (NDG) plays an integral role in finding, evaluating and acquiring freehold and leasehold properties across the nation.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a self-motivated Development Manager/Assistant Development Manager to join our NSW/ACT Development team. Based in Thornleigh, this role would see you managing new store growth across the NSW/ACT markets.
What can you expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis?
- Using industry connections, real estate knowledge and experience to actively find new sites in NSW
- Assessing and evaluating the feasibility, suitability and potential of each site
- Presenting analysis and recommendations to the Senior Leadership Team
- Operating as a subject matter expert to help stakeholders understand the strengths and risks of each potential site
- Negotiating deals, finalising documentation and pursuing authority approvals
- Engaging key stakeholders such as Franchisees, McOpCo (Company owned) leadership, vendors, landlords, Senior Leadership Team, corporate departments and National Development Group (NDG)
- Ensuring alignment and communication between all parties to keep projects on track and deliver on the wider NDG plan
- Work with your peers in a supportive and collaborative environment
- Presenting to (and participating in) NDG board meetings, liaising regularly with members
Your keys to success:
Are you a strategic thinker who sees the big picture? Are you self-motivated and proactive? To open the door to success in this team, you should be someone who looks for opportunities and actively drives your own development, never stopping until you get results! You will also be great at building strong relationships, comfortable with being “in the field” and adapting in a fast paced environment. To get us really excited you will have a degree in Property, however field experience is as important.
- Demonstrated experience as a property/real estate development manager or assistant DM (we are seeking applicants with experience as either an ADM or DM)
- Knowledgeable in property acquisitions, with a developed skill in structuring deals
- Strong understanding of the property market
- Ability to capture and influence business owners (franchise or small)
- Exceptional skills in negotiating and closing deals and managing relevant legal documentation
- Demonstrated results in managing site or project delivery
- General town planning understanding
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner for the past three years, McDonald’s Australia values Community and Customer as well as being Bold, Authentic and genuinely caring about our people. Working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and an attractive staff discount; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
The NDG team is high-performing and energetic and supports the growth of the business in the areas of real estate, construction, asset management and design. Operating between the Thornleigh office and ”in-the-field”; we are strategic thinkers, reactive operators and fast talkers. If you are an experienced development manager/assistant development manager who’s keen to jump in with a market leading brand connected to over 7 million Australian customers and ample opportunity for personal growth, then APPLY today.