Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Thornleigh NSW 2120, Australia
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Maccas”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for over 45 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to make every moment count.
Could you be our next Accounts Payable Supervisor?
An exciting opportunity is currently available for an Accounts Payable professional to join the Macca’s finance team as the Accounts Payable Supervisor. As the AP Supervisor you will be responsible for leading a small team to ensure the accurate and timely payment of all invoices (store and corporate) to suppliers. This includes ownership of the electronic and manual invoice systems, employee expenses, insurance, and management of vendor queries.
What can you expect on a day-to-day basis?
- Effectively and efficiently manage the daily workflow of all manual vendor invoice entries
- Manage, allocate, resolve and execute all electronic invoices via the EDI system.
- Oversee and support the business’s credit card expense management process
- Respond to supplier and internal queries
- Set KPI’s for the team that align with overall team objectives and focus on continuous improvement
- Execute the weekly payment runs
Compliance & Reporting
- Ensure activities maintain SOX compliance
- Monthly Concur reporting
- Monthly KPI reporting
- Maintain the market authorisation approval matrix and online approval system
- Prepare monthly general ledger reconciliations
- Provide clear direction and support to the team to achieve set KPI’s
- Regularly review the work of reports and provide constructive feedback to ensure accuracy of work
Your keys to success:
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Enjoy working under pressure in a fast-paced environment with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Self-motivated and proactive – a person who takes the initiative.
- Highly collaborative and actively shares knowledge to build competencies within the team.
- Able to effectively prioritise for self and team in order to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to make suggestions for improvement.
- Skillful at leveraging relationships in a reciprocal way.
- Concur and SOX experience will be highly regarded.
- Prior experience leading a high volume Accounts Payable team
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner in 2018 and 2019, McDonald’s Australia values Community and Customer as well as being Bold, Authentic and genuinely caring about our people. Working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and an attractive staff discount; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
So if you are a self-motivated and aspiring AP Supervisor who is looking to step into a role with a market leading brand connected to over 5 million customers and ample opportunity for personal growth, then APPLY today. You will be directed to an external link to apply.
This is a permanent position in the Thornleigh office. Please note that full working rights in Australia are required. We unfortunately will not be able to consider overseas or visa restricted applicants.