- Thornleigh NSW 2120, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognised brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. Fondly known as “Macca’s”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne.
McDonald’s Australia tax function is looking to recruit a new team member to support across all projects and responsibilities.
The tax team is part of Global Tax and sits within the McDonald’s Australia Finance department in Thornleigh. The team supports the Australia and NZ business. The role will have a great combination of commercial and technical aspects, and will involve responsibilities for both compliance related projects and ad-hoc advisory work.
This role will span across different taxes, and areas of finance, juggling different priorities. A number of key skills are required such as solid technical understanding, flexibility, organisation, time management and a willingness to learn.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as effective interpersonal skills, are critical for this role.
We work to ensure our brand remains one our customers and our people can be proud of by providing tax expertise to the business, meeting our tax reporting and payment obligations, and engaging with the tax authorities where we do business.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparation of various Australian and NZ tax return and compliance obligations, including preparing supporting workpapers (e.g. Income Tax, FBT, Withholding Tax etc.)
- Understand and review the process around the preparation of the monthly BAS / GST Return
- Support the tax processes and governance areas around tax risk (e.g. internal Tax Risk Management Policy and SOX obligations)
- Assist with regular tax projections for the US group (USGAAP) including tax effect accounting and supporting workpapers.
- Working with external advisors to obtain tax advice, digesting the information and implementing it in a practical way
- Ongoing review and improvement of tax processes, systems and controls
- Supporting the global tax group on their tax requirements
- Supporting the business on key projects as well as ad-hoc queries
- Dealing with ATO/IRD queries, correspondence and notifications
- Support the tax requirements of the Ronald McDonald House Charities
Your Keys to success
- 3-4 years’ corporate tax experience in a large organisation in a tax role, including tax compliance and tax advisory
- Law degree preferred but not required
- Experience with Excel, including lookups, pivot tables and similar functions preferred.
- Studying towards CA / CPA or Masters of Law / Tax
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce/Finance/Accounting or similar
- Knowledge of accounting principles particularly tax effect accounting
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Demonstrated experience working in teams and juggling competing priorities
- Curiosity and commercial awareness – understand the connections between tax and business
- Ability to manage different stakeholders
- Proven capability with different software packages and finance systems
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner two years in a row, McDonald’s Australia values Community and Customer as well as being Bold, Authentic and genuinely caring about our people. Working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and undercover parking; we also provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
So if you are a Tax Analyst who is eager to jump into a role with a market leading brand connected to over 5 million customers and ample opportunity for personal growth, then APPLY today.