- Thornleigh NSW 2120, Australia
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Maccas”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for over 45 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to make every moment count!
Could you be our next Tax Manager?
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Tax Manager to join the McDonald’s team. Sitting within the McDonald’s Australia Finance department and forming part of the McDonald’s Global Tax team, the Australia Tax team provides expert support to the McDonald’s business in both Australia and New Zealand.
The Tax Manager role has a combination of commercial and technical aspects, and includes responsibilities comprising of compliance related projects and ad-hoc advisory work. The position spans across different taxes and areas of finance, with the requirement to manage different priorities at the same time.
This position calls for a passionate individual with a solid technical understanding, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills. You must enjoy working in a collaborative and fast-paced team environment whilst showing flexibility, excellent time management and a willingness to learn.
What are the key responsibilities?
- Preparation of various Australian and NZ tax return and compliance obligations, including preparing supporting work papers (e.g. Income Tax, FBT, Withholding Tax etc.)
- Understand and review the process around the preparation of the monthly BAS / GST Return
- Support the tax processes and governance areas around tax risk (e.g. internal Tax Risk Management Policy and SOX obligations)
- Assist with regular tax projections for the US group (USGAAP)
- Work with external advisors to obtain tax advice, digesting the information and implementing it in a practical way
- Ongoing review and improvement of tax processes, systems and controls
- Support the global tax group on their tax requirements
- Support the business on key projects as well as ad-hoc queries
- Deal with ATO/IRD queries, correspondence and notifications
- Support the tax requirements of the Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Work closely with finance and other departments, including those in payroll, legal, and HR.
- Manage relationships with external parties, such as tax advisors, auditors and revenue authorities
What are the keys to success:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce/Finance/Accounting or similar
- Knowledge of accounting principles particularly tax effect accounting
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Demonstrated experience working in teams and juggling competing priorities
- Curiosity and commercial awareness – understand the connections between tax and business
- Ability to manage different stakeholders
- Proven capability with different software packages and finance systems
- Strong relationships building skills
- 4+ years’ corporate tax experience in a large organisation in a tax role, including tax compliance and tax advisory
- Law degree preferred but not required
- Experience with Excel, including lookups, pivot tables and similar functions preferred.
- Studying towards CA / CPA or Masters of Law / Tax
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner in 2018 and 2019, McDonald’s Australia values Community and Customer as well as being Bold, Authentic and genuinely caring about our people. Working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and undercover parking; we also provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
So if you are a Tax Manager who is eager to jump into a role with a market leading brand connected to over 5 million customers and ample opportunity for personal growth, then APPLY today.