- Thornleigh NSW 2120, Australia
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Maccas”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for close to 50 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to make every moment count!
Could you be our next General Commercial Lawyer?
The General Commercial Lawyer plays an integral role in the McDonald’s business supporting a range of departments and commercial matters, including the employment, industrial relations, safety, supply chain and procurement. . We are on the hunt for an experienced, organised and enthusiastic lawyer to join our high performing team. If you enjoy working independently and with a commercial focus, this is the perfect role for you!
What can you expect on a day-to-day basis?
- Providing legal support to the McDonald’s business on a range of commercial matters with a particular focus on employment, industrial relations, employee relations safety supply chain and procurement,.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a range of commercial agreements including employment contracts, services agreements, supplier agreements, tender documents and settlement agreements.
- Supporting the business on employment matters, workers compensation matters, industrial disputes, award interpretation and award compliance.
- Proactively identifying risks to the McDonald’s business and recommending solutions for risk mitigation and minimisation.
- Reviewing existing policies and proactively ensuring compliance adherence
Your keys to success:
- Strong communication skills, stakeholder management and relationship building skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive, takes the initiative to pre-empt problems
- Organised, methodical and able to effectively manage and prioritise multiple complex matters at once
- Strong leadership capability and comfortable working autonomously and through ambiguity
- Experience designing and implementing organisation change programs
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately identify, assess and balance legal risk against commercial business needs
- Excellent presentation skills, with an ability to engage and influence large audiences (both internal and external)
- Ability to work with versatility and adaptability in an extremely fast paced and high performing environment
- Fits into the culture of a dynamic team, bringing your own fun factor and sense of humour
- Current legal practicing certificate with 3 – 6 years of PQE in Commercial law work (either in house or with a firm) with a focus on Employment, Safety and general commercial
- Demonstrated experience in drafting, negotiating and reviewing a variety of contracts
- Strong employment law experience and ideally experience in, employee and industrial relations including working with trade unions and experience with negotiating enterprise agreements
This opportunity will be perfectly suited to a high performing individual who can literally hit the ground running in a fast-paced and close-knit team environment. Someone who has the ability to think strategically and see the bigger picture. To get us excited, you will have commercial experience both in a top-tier firm and more recently in-house (however certainly not essential).
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner in 2019, McDonald’s Australia values community and customer as well as being bold, authentic and genuinely caring about our people. Working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and an attractive staff discount; but we also provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
If you are an experienced Commercial Lawyer who is eager to jump on-board (or make the big move in-house!) with a market leading brand, connected to over 5 million customers and ample opportunity for personal growth, then APPLY today.