Assistant Accountant - Reporting
- Thornleigh NSW 2120, Australia
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Maccas”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for over 40 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to make every moment count.
Could you be our next Assistant Account?
Sitting within Global Business Services and McDonald’s Australian Finance department, the Assistant Accountant supports the management and reporting of restaurant accounts and provides P&L reporting for franchised restaurants.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join to Macca’s Finance team as an Assistant Accountant. The Assistant Accountant role is responsible for processes including, but not limited to: P&L and balance sheet maintenance, month end close, account reconciliation, reporting to stakeholders. This role requires a high level of attention to detail, efficiency and stakeholder management.
What can you expect on a day-to-day basis?
- Effective resolution of queries from Restaurants, Operations and Finance stakeholders
- Create and post journals to ensure P&L and Balance sheet accuracy and integrity
- Support the maintenance of restaurant assets
- Review and amend invoice coding and ensure adequate approvals
- Balance sheet account management and reconciliation
- Meet critical due dates and deadlines, especially during the month end process
- Provide accurate, timely and expert reporting to key stakeholders
Your keys to success:
This role requires a high level of attention to detail, efficiency and stakeholder management. Regular reporting must be conducted with accuracy, quality and timeliness whilst adhering to strict SOX compliance requirements.
- Studying or completed Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 1 year prior experience in a similar role
- Studying or completed CPA or CA (Desirable)
- McDonald’s restaurant experience (Desirable)
- Demonstrated experience working effectively within a team
- Strong communications and time management skills
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner in 2018 and 2019, McDonald’s Australia values Community and Customer as well as being Bold, Authentic and genuinely caring about our people. Working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and an attractive staff discount; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
So if you have a passion for accounting and eager to jump into a role with a market leading brand connected to over 5 million customers and ample opportunity for personal growth, then APPLY today.