Senior Commercial Insights Analyst
- Sydney NSW, Australia
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Maccas”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for over 40 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to bring a smile at every seat.
But we don’t just build burgers, we build commercial insights too!
Could you be our next Senior Commercial Insights Analyst?
Here at Macca’s we are passionate about ensuring consumer insights are at the heart of everything we do. As a significant contributor to writing the business plan, this is a unique Insights role where you have the opportunity to partner with business stakeholders to provide commercial insights and data-driven recommendations that will drive sales and customer growth. Could it be YOU?
What can you expect on a day-to-day basis?
- Develop, maintain and communicate sales forecasts for strategic planning and performance monitoring.
- Provide commercial insights and recommendations into market and business performance to inform decision making.
- Provide commercial insights and recommendations into marketing and operational activities to inform decision making.
- Develop, maintain and produce ongoing reporting on business performance metrics.
- Provide data, analysis and insights support to pricing activities.
- Work with IT and Third-Party Vendors to get data needed to support the business strategy.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise on data and analytics for business stakeholders.
Your keys to success:
This position calls for an analytical thinker who can take insights and apply them to commercial outcomes. A strong background in delivering insights with commercial outcomes is essential. as well as some other key essentials:
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance, or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrated experience delivering insights with commercial outcomes
- Demonstrated consulting experience to understand customer needs and deliver solutions
- Demonstrated experience using an analytics tool (e.g SQL, SAS, R, Python) to solve business problems
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering reports using an enterprise platform
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong scenario planning skills with future focused thinking
To get us REALLY excited you will also have experience in producing sales forecasts in a retail environment (however these ones aren't essential).
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner in 2018 and 2019, McDonald’s Australia values Community and Customer as well as being Bold, Authentic and genuinely caring about our people. Working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements (including CBD based office facilities), a bonus week of annual leave and undercover parking; we also provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
So if you are ready to jump into a senior insights role with an insights driven brand connected to over 5 million customers and ample opportunity for personal growth; then apply today!