- Sydney NSW, Australia
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Maccas”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for over 40 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to make every moment count.
Could you be our next Supervisor in Corporate Accounting?
Our Corporate Finance team is the engine room for all Business System and Financial matters across Australia and New Zealand. An exciting opportunity is currently available for an accounting professional to join the team as the Accounts Receivable & Property Supervisor. Responsible for the direction, execution and performance of the Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable Property functions, this role will see you mentoring and guiding six direct reports and playing a key role in liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
What can you expect on a day-to-day basis?
- Provide guidance and direction to the AR & AP Property team to achieve business and personal development goals.
- Manage the Franchisee direct debit process, including complex calculations for rent, rebates and ad hoc charge-outs.
- Escalation point for any Franchisee queries regarding monthly charges.
- Manage Lessor payments including standard monthly payment run.
- Effective resolution of queries/quality of advice. Regularly gather feedback from internal and external customers’ and proactively resolve escalated items.
- Driving specific projects related to the AR function, including process improvements.
- Meet monthly and quarterly SOX and compliance requirements. Comply with internal and external auditors to facilitate periodic audits.
- Proactively manage aged debt and provision for doubtful debts accordingly.
- Monthly and quarterly reconciliations and reporting.
- Participation in quarterly OTC Global Process Council meetings and periodic meetings with counterparts in other regions globally.
Compliance & Reporting
- Demonstrate knowledge of processes and procedures relevant to the function and take a proactive role in improving efficiency.
- Plan and conduct best practice, improvement and review sessions with key stakeholders.
- Conduct regular risk assessments, identify, and mitigate known and potential risks.
- Ensure that the team is appropriately trained on existing and new processes and procedures.
- Review and understand SOX controls, maintain evidence that controls have been met and update SOX process narratives as required.
Your keys to success:
- Be a clear and confident communicator who has a great phone manner. You will have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be strong in building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus and drive that with your team.
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Enjoy working under pressure in a fast-paced environment with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Be self-motivated and proactive in pre-empting problems and developing solutions.
- Provide direction and support for the team including allocating of KPI’s that align with overall team objectives.
- Prior experience in a Shared Service/ Global Business Service model will be highly advantageous but not essential
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or relevant equivalent qualifications will be highly advantageous
- Prior demonstrated experience supervising an Accounts Receivable or Assistant Accounting team will be highly regarded
- Studying or completed CPA/CA will be highly regarded
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner in 2018 and 2019, McDonald’s Australia values Community and Customer as well as being Bold, Authentic and genuinely caring about our people. Working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and an attractive staff discount; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
So if you are a self-motivated and aspiring accounting professional who is looking to step into a supervisory role with a market leading brand connected to over 5 million customers and ample opportunity for personal growth, then APPLY today. You will be directed to an external link to apply.
This is a permanent position in the Thornleigh office. Please note that full working rights in Australia are required. We unfortunately will not be able to consider overseas or visa restricted applicants.