Employee Relations Advisor
- Sydney NSW, Australia
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Maccas”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for over 40 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to make every moment count!
Could you be our next Employee Relations Advisor?
An exciting opportunity has become available to join the Macca’s People & Culture team as an Employee Relations Advisor.
The Employee Relations Advisors are the 'front line' of employee relations advice and support for our Restaurant staff, Operations Teams and Licensees.
To be successful in this role you will be well versed in McDonald's policies, procedures and employment law to provide prompt service and accurate advice to key clients in a way which adds value and protects the McDonald's brand as an employer of choice.
What can you expect on a day to day basis?
- Respond to telephone calls, emails and inquiries from key stakeholders to the HR team.
- Provide timely, accurate and helpful advice to key clients, ensuring McDonald's is complying with relevant laws and protecting our brand.
- Investigate minor grievances and complaints in accordance with McDonald's policies and procedures.
- Collect required information, make notes to ensure legal compliance and maintain confidentiality.
- Attend various department meetings to deliver ER updates and/or provide training.
- Provide support to the National Employee Relations Manager and Senior Employee Relations Advisor on key projects or specific cases and initiatives.
Your keys to success:
- Familiar with McDonald's restaurant operations, policies and procedures
- A confident and clear communication with a great phone manner. You will be able to communicate professionally as well as genuinely enjoy listening to others.
- Strong in active listening skills and skilled problem solver who can offer accurate and constructive advice that adds value
- Knowledgeable about employment law, issue investigations and dispute resolution
- Self-motivated and proactive, takes the initiative to pre-empt problems.
- A team player who is supportive and happy to pick up and share the work when needed
- Enjoy working under minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Able to adjust communication to suit the audience
- Organised and able to effectively manage and prioritise multiple complex matters at once
- Great at building strong interpersonal relationships with co-workers, stakeholders and third parties
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Law or relevant equivalent is highly desirable
- Prior demonstrated experience in a similar role and/or experience in the QSR or Fast Food industry
We are looking for an individual who is exceptionally passionate about workplace relations and genuinely interested in progressing in the Human Resources Field. To be successful in this role you will have fantastic technical skills in workplace relations or the ability to acquire such skills quickly. We are looking for an individual who has strong communication skills (both written and verbal), attention to detail, client relationship skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner in 2018, McDonald’s Australia values Community and Customer as well as being Bold, Authentic and genuinely caring about our people. Working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and an attractive staff discount; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
If you love the Macca's brand, have a passion for people and enjoy problem solving - follow the links and apply today!