Assistant Accountant - Reporting
- Sydney NSW, Australia
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Maccas”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for over 40 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to bring a smile at every seat.
Could you be our next Junior Reporting Analyst?
Our Global Business Services team operates as one of the key engine rooms in the Reporting function at McDonald’s, collating numbers and applying findings along with expert advice.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join the Macca’s Finance team as a Junior Reporting Analyst. The Junior Reporting Analyst role is responsible for processes including, but not limited to: reporting on financial results and non-financial metrics for our restaurants in Australia and New Zealand.
What can you expect on a day-to-day basis?
- Prepare Excel reports following procedures and applying a critic mind set on the output.
- Respond to ad-hoc queries from the market Finance team.
- Generate reports including Sales, Balance Scorecards, Rental Margin, Labour metrics, P&L, Restaurant Financial Health.
- Reconcile Delivery Sales for Restaurants.
- Assist with the effective resolution of queries/quality of advice.
- Apply diligence to ensure integrity, accuracy and timeliness of inputs and financial data.
- Achieve and deliver on specific goals and operational performance metrics and measures, including assessing overall and individual achievement of service expectations and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of processes and procedures relevant to the function and take a proactive role in improving efficiency.
- Provide clear guidance on compliance to procedures and processes with both internal and external customers.
Your keys to success:
- Studying or completed Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Displays a high level of attention to detail to ensure accuracy in work
- Demonstrated experience working effectively within a team
- Actively seeks and accepts constructive feedback to build skills and competencies
- Ethical and Responsible
- Holds self-accountable
- Strong communications skills
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
This role requires a high level of attention to detail, efficiency and stakeholder management. Regular reporting must be conducted with accuracy, quality and timeliness whilst adhering to strict SOX compliance requirements.
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner in 2018 and 2019, McDonald’s Australia values Community and Customer as well as being Bold, Authentic and genuinely caring about our people. Working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and an attractive staff discount; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
So if you have a passion for reporting and is eager to jump into a role with a market leading brand connected to over 5 million customers and ample opportunity for personal growth, then APPLY today. You will be directed to an external site to submit an application.