Development Manager - Construction
- Sydney NSW, Australia
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Maccas”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for over 40 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to bring a smile at every seat.
But we don’t just build burgers; we build property too!
Could you be our next Development Manager?
With new restaurant openings and reinvestment contributing to 2-3% of the Australian business growth each year, our National Development Group plays an integral role in developing new and existing restaurants. Due to a recent internal promotion, we are on the hunt for a self-motivated and experienced construction project manager to join the NSW/ACT development team. Could it be YOU?
Based in Sydney, this role would see you managing sites across NSW and the ACT. A perfect time to join the business with a significant number of new restaurants and reinvestment planned for years to come. A huge opportunity for you to step in and make your mark in a major brand that is not only serious; but deeply ambitious about its growth.
What can you expect on a day to day basis?
- Coordinate and evaluate Site Investigation reports including the availability of services, geotechnical and contamination assessments
- Manage and liaise with governing authorities during approval and development process
- Manage the development of project documentation, ensuring compliance with all departmental procedures and processes
- Project Manage construction process incorporating regular communication meetings with all parties (i.e. Licensee, Operations, Contractors, Suppliers) to ensure the awareness of issues and progress is maintained
- Project manage construction to budget
- Coordinate the Handover Process (incorporating all disciplines and suppliers) to ensure the operations personnel are fully briefed on the operation and maintenance of all items
- Manage the tender process, evaluation and appointment of contractors/nominated subcontractors and suppliers
Your keys to success:
To open the door to success in this team, you must be someone who goes looking for opportunities and who actively drives their own development, never stopping until you get results! You will also be great at building strong relationships, comfortable with being “in the field” and adapting to an extremely fast pace. To get us really excited you will have a degree in construction or project management, however field experience will certainly trump this.
- Demonstrated experience as a Development Manager (or Assistant DM)
- Knowledgeable in property acquisitions, with a developed skill in structuring deals
- Strong understanding of Australian Construction
- Exposure to a franchise business model in a well-known brand
- Ability to capture and influence business owners (franchise or small)
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner in 2018, McDonald’s Australia values Community and Customer as well as being Bold, Authentic and genuinely caring about our people. Working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and an attractive staff discount; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
The NDG team are a high-performing and energetic bunch. Operating between the Thornleigh office and out “on-the-field”; they are strategic thinkers, reactive operators and fast talkers (with most very capable of talking under water with marbles in their mouth!). If you are an experience Development Manager who’s itching to jump in with a market leading brand connected to over 5 million customers and ample opportunity for personal growth, then apply today!