Internal Communication Consultant - Restaurants
- Sydney NSW, Australia
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Macca’s”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for over 40 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to bring a smile at every seat.
Could you be our next Restaurant Communication Consultant?
The Macca’s National Operations department plays a critical role in managing Australia-wide internal communications, all to support brilliant restaurant operations and business growth to over 950 McDonald Restaurants.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a communication expert within the National Operations team, who are seeking an ambitious and creative Restaurant Communications Consultant to strategise, create and execute engaging communication plans across the McDonald’s business. This position calls for a dynamic individual who is able to deliver impeccable written and verbal communication, whilst thriving in a fast-paced environment and providing creative solutions to engage and motivate restaurant teams.
Could it be YOU?
What can you expect on a day-to-day basis?
- Manage and own the McDonald’s Learning Management System;
- Maintain content, accessibility and functionality of the McDonald’s LMS;
- Manage multiple email inboxes;
- Create, edit and proof the weekly newsletter for Restaurant Operation teams;
- Attend and contribute to internal cross-functional team meetings;
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders within other McDonald Head Office departments;
- Support project leads with the development, implementation and execution of communication plans;
- Coordinate and help conduct User Acceptance Testing across McDonald’s operational platforms;
- Lead regular internal cross-department meetings to align training and business resources;
- Propose creative direction, and then write and produce content for internal training videos;
- Proofread internal communications from peers and provide feedback;
- Present to different audiences within a variety of forums e.g. auditorium style or in front of a camera; and
- Create presentations and scripts for corporate and Franchisee training workshops.
Your keys to success:
This position calls for a clear and concise communicator who is not afraid to speak up with their recommendations, and is comfortable developing internal and external relationships with other influencers and stakeholders. Impeccable writing capabilities are an absolute must, along with exceptional skills in verbal communication with strong interpersonal skills. This opportunity is perfectly suited to a high performing individual with a can –do attitude and who enjoys working in a close-knit team. The ability to prioritise multiple tasks is essential therefore, if you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment, this role is prefect for you!
A successful candidate will have at least 2+ years of communication experience, be an engaging presenter, and have intermediate expertise of PowerPoint, Word and Excel. A recognised tertiary qualification is preferred, however not essential.
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner in 2018 AND 2019, McDonald’s Australia values Community and Customer as well as being Bold, Authentic and genuinely caring about our people. Working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and undercover parking; we also provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
So if you are ready to jump into a new position that will see you kicking off your communications career with the world's second most memorable brand connected to over 5 million customers and ample opportunity for personal growth; then apply today. Follow the links to apply. Applications close Wednesday 29 January.