FP&A Analyst (Entry to mid level)
- Thornleigh NSW 2120, Australia
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Maccas”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for over 40 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to bring a smile at every seat.
Could you be our next Financial Planning Analyst?
Our FP&A team operates as a crucial engine room of the Finance function in order to analyse data, apply advice, improve decision making and support business growth. Due to some exciting changes in the broader team, we are on the hunt for a new up and coming FP&A Analyst to assist in supporting financial management and business growth for the McDonald’s business.
Could it be YOU?
Alongside the FP&A Manager, you can expect to be:
- Partnering with key stakeholders to provide subject matter expertise, advice and support
- Providing timely, accurate and reliable management reporting and analysis
- Looking after reporting (including monthly, quarterly, G&A and sales) G&A Recaps;
- Calculating cash flow and margins for franchise restaurants
- Overseeing and learning budgeting and projection
- Managing specific balance sheet accounts (i.e. Prepaid Account)
- Educating key stakeholders to improve their financial acumen
- Identifying and acting on opportunities for process improvement within the Finance Department and externally
- Understanding the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX) compliance requirementsfor FP&A
Your keys to success:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Reporting or similar Finance function
- Current or previous studies in CA/CPA ideal (but not essential!)
- Developed skills in collaboration and building strong relationships with others
- Good communication skills with ability to convert “Finance Speak” to non-financials
- Excellent attention to detail, especially when it comes to finance sheets and data
- Able to courageously (but respectfully) challenge others, always driving to a better result
- Self-motivated and proactive
This is an associate – mid level position within the business. Whilst we are ideally looking for candidates with circa 3 years’ experience within a similar role, we are certainly open to applicants who have recently finished their studies and who have an exposure to a fast paced retail or corporate culture.
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner two years in a row, McDonald’s Australia values Community and Customer as well as being Bold, Authentic and genuinely caring about our people. Working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and a market leading incentive scheme; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
So if you are an up and coming Financial Analyst who is eager to jump into a new position within a passionate team and market leading brand, then APPLY today. Don’t delay, applications will be reviewed immediately.