Quality Assurance Coordinator
- Thornleigh NSW 2120, Australia
What is the purpose of this role?
The Quality Assurance (QA) coordinator role involves management and timely and accurate communication of local and global quality systems and policies to internal and external stakeholders.The individual in this role will provide a support function to ensure food safety and quality standards are effectively communicated and achieved across the system.
The role involves hands on management of the test kitchen’s product supply and equipment. The test kitchen, at the corporate office provides the replica restaurant environment and is the working hub for product, equipment and menu item testing.
In addition, the QA coordinator will work closely with suppliers and McDonald’s Quality Assurance Managers to develop and execute programs for food product and equipment validation, along with ensuring a strong partnership with required McDonald’s departments to ensure product launch details are effectively communicated to restaurants.
The individual in this role will be able to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision in order conduct quality assurance validation tests of food and equipment under the direction of Quality Assurance Managers.
In this role you may be required to lead communication to suppliers for new product to markets. Including and not limited to new product and facility approvals, nutrition claims and labelling requirements. The role requires accurate and confident communications of Supply Chain requirements. Training in this area will be provided.
What will my key accountabilities be?
Quality Systems Management:
- For assigned policies and categories establish and maintain food safety systems for product and restaurant food handling.
- Assist in product-related investigations as a result of consumer and/or internal feedback. May include complaint management, product troubleshooting and food safety communications.
- Provides local and Global feedback on systems enhancements and will be required to communicate with teams from other countries to ensure effectiveness of systems
- Analyses, investigates and seeks best practices to drive continuous improvement in Quality Management systems
- Will develop and maintain strong working knowledge of the Nutrition database to ensure regulatory requirements of consumer information is maintained.
- Monitors suppliers performance and generates reports to highlight opportunities and ensure suppliers consistently comply with McDonald’s product specifications
QA Test Kitchen Management:
- Work closely with the product development team to manage tasks and scheduling for product presentation and validation requirements
- Facilitate sensory product sessions with local and Global product suppliers.
- Ensure equipment maintenance and technical tasks are maintained
- Order and rotate stock as required
- Complete food safety checks for equipment and products in the test kitchen as per the schedule
Essential technical and behavioural skills
- A clear, confident and concise communicator
- Well-organised, demonstrated project management skills; able to set and work to tight deadlines
- A proven ability to work under pressure in both acute and planned environments
- Self-motivated and proactive, takes the initiative to pre-empt opportunities
- Strong in attention to detail
- Committed to principles of food safety and driven to uphold these principles
- Great at building strong interpersonal relationships with co-workers and suppliers
- Ethical and responsible, understands and adheres to McDonald’s Standards of Business Conduct always
- An understanding of McDonald’s operations and products
- A strong interest in food safety and quality systems is essential, tertiary education in this area is desirable