Procurement (Category) Manager
- Thornleigh NSW 2120, Australia
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Macca’s”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for over 40 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to bring a smile at every seat.
Could you be our next Procurement Manager?
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Finance and Procurement, this senior specialist role is critical in extracting value for our system via sourcing and purchasing project initiatives. It is well suited to a Category professional who possesses strong stakeholder engagement skills and who thrives off the autonomy to communicate cross-functionally in order to drive success in big scale projects.
Influencing senior stakeholders across the business, your primary responsibility with be to provide positive commercial outcomes to assist in delivering our long term business plan for growth & sustainable targets. Focus areas will be construction and reinvestment in our restaurants inclusive of sustainable initiatives in addition to Energy Procurement.
What can you expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis?
- Own Strategy and Execution of Energy Procurement for McDonald’s Australia, inclusive of Progressive Purchasing
- Leverage best practices and leading research to deliver category optimization strategies
- Drive total cost of ownership, risk management, supplier innovation, and customer focus
- Leverage Strategic Sourcing processes consistently across categories
- Adopt best practices in spend analysis, market research, RFx, negotiations, benchmarking and contracting
- Ensure sustainable continuous improvement with suppliers
- Lead, develop and drive the Procurement team to successful implementation of strategies
- Actively engage with franchisees to drive negotiations to achieve least cost and best value solution’s with suppliers
- Develop and manage the business relationship between McDonald’s and its suppliers
- Develop and implement pricing protocols with key suppliers
- Stay current with trends to determine and do benchmarking (e.g. commodity pricing, finished goods pricing, plant efficiency, ratios, supplier KPIs etc.)
- Champion change, and encourage flexibility and agility
Your keys to success:
- Senior level of technical and professional expertise in a similar role
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement principles
- Demonstrated success managing senior stakeholders
- Category Knowledge
- Strong in influencing and negotiation skills to create change and build relationship
- Resilient, resourceful and adaptable to change to work effectively in a dynamic environment
- Experience in FMCG highly advantageous but not essential
- To get us really excited, you will have Energy Procurement & Sustainability
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner two years in a row, McDonald’s Australia values Community and Customer as well as being Bold, Authentic and genuinely caring about our people. Working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and an attractive bonus structure; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
So if you are an experienced Category/Procurement Manager who is eager to jump into a mid-senior level role with a market leading brand connected to over 5 million customers and ample opportunity for personal growth, then APPLY today.