Accounts Payable Officer
- Thornleigh NSW 2120, Australia
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Maccas”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for over 40 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to bring a smile at every seat.
Could you be our next Accounts Payable Officer?
Sitting within Global Business Services and McDonald’s Australian Finance department, the AP team collectively work together to review and process recurring payment runs and reconcile a high volume of accounts payable ledger accounts.
What can you expect on a day-to-day basis?
- Provide support and guidance to stakeholders (including restaurants, departments and suppliers) to ensure financial statement accuracy
- Record and pay vendor invoices for goods and services
- Respond to vendor enquiries
- Provide a high standard of customer service to all stakeholders
- Prepare and send monthly sales certificates to AU & NZ markets
- Monitor payment approvals within the $5k limit, escalating when required
- Develop and evaluate accounts payable policies and procedures
- Strive for continuous improvement, "on the bus" with transformation
Your keys to success:
A high level of attention to detail and efficiency is essential in this position so to ensure invoices are prepared and coded correctly and processed within the required time-frame. We are also looking for:
- Demonstrated experience in a high volume AP/AR role
- Strong communication skills with a focus on customer service
- Positive can-do attitude
- Ability to seek and accept constructive feedback
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Desire to build/continue a career within the finance space
- To get us really excited, you will also have previous exposure to a Property or Franchise environment, however this one is certainly not essential.
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner in 2018 & 2019, McDonald’s Australia values Community and Customer as well as being Bold, Authentic and genuinely caring about our people. Working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and an attractive staff discount; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
So if you are an energetic and experienced Accounts Payable professional who is eager to jump into a new role ASAP with a market leading brand connected to over 5 million customers and ample opportunity for personal growth, then APPLY today.
This is a permanent position in the Thornleigh office. Please note that full working rights in Australia are required. We unfortunately will not be able to consider overseas or visa restricted applicants.