Workplace Coach Assessor
- Sydney NSW, Australia
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Macca’s”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne.
Could you be our next Workplace Coach & Assessor
An integral part of the McDonald’s business is developing our people. We have a new opportunity available as a Workplace Coach Assessor servicing the Bankstown and Wollongong area in a 12 month fixed-term contract. A WCA works closely with our McDonald's restaurants to support the coaching and assessing of staff completing a Retail Traineeship through McDonald's. Through a fair and consistent approach to National RTO Standards for student enrolment, training delivery and assessment you will assist in ensuring compliance standards are always met and outcomes are aligned with RTO goals.
What can you expect on a day-to-day basis?
- Working to identify restaurant employees for RTO traineeships
- Completing all enrolments and relevant traineeship paperwork
- Ensuring the development and maintenance of training plans for each trainee
- Effectively building and maintaining strong working relationships with Restaurant Managers, Management Teams, local schools and Government Agencies, including the Department of Education
- Coaching trainees on McDonald’s policies and proceduresConducting School Visits and attend Community Events
- Communicating with the Department of Education and other Government Bodies
- Conducting monthly monitoring/assessment visits
- Identifying additional resources as required to assist trainees in accomplishing objectives
- Completing assessment on each trainee and ensures VET Quality Framework requirements are met
- Providing assistance to all employees in their application for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Remaining current on operational standards, procedures, and resources to enhance the ability to provide leadership and maximise business results
Your keys to success
- Clear communication skills with the confidence to speak in front of groups
- Ability to engage an audience and present information to all knowledge levels
- Well-organised with experience working to set and work to tight deadlines
- Comfortable in providing constructive feedback
- Enthusiastic and able to bring a positive attitude
- Passionate in sharing skills and experience to optimise learning outcomes
- Able to work independently and "on the road" with minimal supervision
- Current driver's license
- Ability to work evening hours (a typical day ranges between 12pm -8pm)
To get us really excited you will also have
- Previous McDonald’s Restaurant experience
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Completion of Certificate III in Retail Operations (however these parts are certainly not essential as lots of training will happen on the job!
Join our team!
This is a full-time position on a 12-month fixed term contract as a part of the Registered Training Organisation. Your total package includes a base salary, superannuation and car allowance plus . This role is based at our Head Office in Thornleigh however the majority of time will be spent visiting restaurants within the Shire area in NSW.