Senior Manager / Head of Group Accounting & Shared Services
- Thornleigh NSW 2120, Australia
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as “Macca’s”, we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for over 40 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to bring a smile at every seat.
Could you be our next Global Business Services Lead?
Our Global Business Services team is an integral part of the Global Finance operating model. With a wider team of over 400 employees across 9 geographies; it’s safe to say that the Australian element forms a critical part of a worldwide accounting operation. A new and exciting opportunity has become available to join McDonald’s Finance on a transformation journey, with a specific focus on supporting the CFO and Finance Director with decision making and the execution of key initiatives. These include pivotal projects such as broad scale reporting optimisation, a new ERP implementation, process optimisation and automation, and a continued evolution to a high-performing team culture. Development of the 40-strong team, effective engagement with stakeholders and expectation management, and technological enablement are key elements in this journey.
It calls for a senior operator with a strong demonstrated reporting, accounting, financial control and transformation track record. Someone who can take accountability and ownership and lead from the front, and yet not be afraid to get their hands dirty (or eat a cheeky burger or two!)
Could it be YOU?!
What can you expect on a day-to-day basis?
- Lead a function of approximately 40 people including payroll, financial control, accounts receivable, accounts payable, management reporting and projects
- Assist the Director and CFO in developing strategies and plans within the ANZ Finance department
- Ensure adequate protection of the company’s assets by establishing and monitoring compliance and the controls environment, always looking to challenge the status quo, dive deep and lift the elevate the management priority
- Ensure accurate reporting of financial results under both IFRS and US GAAP for both US reporting and audited financial results (ASIC reporting)
- Work closely with key US corporate controller group ensuring ANZ month end close is complete
- Take ownership for financial and accounting risks due to business activities
- Lead the implementation of key business initiatives, such as the payroll elements of the new Enterprise Agreement across our >110,000 crew nationwide
- Drive business and finance cadence around risk management of all account reconciliations
- Implement and maintain all financial controls within the business, identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices and procedures
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls and continued satisfactory audit results, and be a key contact for audits including as External Audit (EY), SOX audits (internal) and Payroll Tax audits
- Develop and optimise the GBS employee experience, cultivating a team of high performance/high potential individuals through clear roles and responsibilities and a high level of accountability
- Stabilise and embed the newly expanded scope of Finance ANZ and plan for future process improvement, automation and customer experience planning
Your keys to success:
- Demonstrated senior (10+ years) experience in Financial Control and Shared Services Management
- Impeccable leadership and stakeholder capability
- Good communication skills with ability to convert “Finance Speak” to non-financial
- Extensive experience in managing large teams and driving team engagement
- Demonstrated experience in working in large & complex organisations
- Prior project management and change management experience
- Experience of implementing new systems, with a particular focus on ERP replacement and Robotics and Automation
- Chartered Accountant, CPA and/or MBA preferred
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner two years in a row 2018 & 2019, McDonald’s Australia values Community and Customer as well as being Bold, Authentic and genuinely caring about our people. Working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and an attractive staff discount; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
The Global Finance team is an energetic team of strong performers. Operating in our Head Office in Thornleigh, NSW they are incubators for talent throughout the business and interact across a huge stakeholder base. If you are an experienced Corporate Control / Shared Services leader who is itching to make their mark with a market leading brand connected to over 5 million customers and ample opportunity for personal growth, then APPLY today.
Applications will be reviewed immediately, however please note that with a contractor currently holding the fort; our ideal start time will be December 2019. We are open to accommodating longer notice periods with flexibility pending circumstances of the successful candidate. Full working rights in Australia are essential.