Manager - Financial Planning
- Business unit: Chief Financial Office
- Division: Group Finance
Masdar is the UAE’s clean energy champion and one of the largest companies of its kind in the world, advancing the development and deployment of renewable energy and green hydrogen technologies to address global sustainability challenges. Established in 2006, Masdar is today active in over 40 countries, helping them to achieve their clean energy objectives and advance sustainable development. Masdar is jointly owned by Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), Mubadala Investment Company (Mubadala), and Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (TAQA), and under this ownership the company is targeting a renewable energy portfolio capacity of at least 100 gigawatts (GW) by 2030 and an annual green hydrogen production capacity of up to 1 million tonnes by the same year.
Are you a seasoned financial professional with a passion for unravelling the stories behind the numbers? Do you thrive on delivering meaningful insights that drive strategic decision-making? If so, we have an exciting opportunity that aligns perfectly with your expertise.
We are thrilled to announce an opening for the position of Manager Financial Planning at Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company (Masdar). At Masdar, we're not just about sustainable energy – we're also focused on harnessing financial strategies that power our growth and success. As a Manager of Financial Planning, you will be at the heart of this effort, leveraging your analytical prowess to provide insightful commentary on our business performance and drive optimal financial outcomes.
1. Group Management Reporting and Analysis:
- Define reporting requirements from investee entities and assets, ensuring accurate and timely information capture.
- Validate accuracy and completeness of financial reports from the GL team and management accountants.
- Prepare and issue timely group management reports for stakeholders, including executive management, Board of Directors, and shareholders.
- Offer insightful commentary on financial performance, highlighting variances and key drivers.
2. Corporate and Internal Performance Scorecards:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to establish annual performance scorecard metrics.
- Update corporate and internal financial performance scorecards regularly and report to management, shareholders, and the Board.
- Conduct review meetings to ensure a shared understanding of performance status, key drivers, risks, and opportunities.
3. Budget Preparation and Management:
- Lead the annual budget and business planning process for Masdar and Masdar Green Hydrogen.
- Consolidate budget inputs from various sources, ensuring accuracy and alignment with guidelines and strategies.
- Review and finalize draft budgets and presentations with internal stakeholders and shareholder representatives.
4. Forecasting and Market Assessment:
- Initiate and oversee quarterly re-forecasting processes, capturing market impacts on financial performance.
- Identify and track risks and opportunities, quantifying their impacts on financial forecasts.
5. DEVEX Control and Ad-hoc Reporting:
- Implement a process to track and manage development cost spend against approved budgets.
- Prepare and issue monthly DEVEX reports to stakeholders, ensuring effective budgetary management.
- Oversee the preparation of other ad-hoc reports as required by key stakeholders.
6. Audit Preparation and Compliance:
- Prepare reports and documentation for internal and external audits, ensuring compliance with auditing standards.
7. Stakeholder and Third-Party Management:
- Manage relationships with service level providers and key stakeholders to ensure quality and timely services.
- Negotiate agreements that align with Masdar's interests and goals.
8. Continuous Improvement:
- Contribute to the improvement of function systems, policies, and procedures to meet procedural and legislative requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or related field.
- At least 8 years of financial planning and reporting experience, including 3-4 years at a group financial planning level.
- Proficiency in ERP systems, IFRS, financial planning tools, and Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Masdar's commitment to innovation and sustainability provides a unique backdrop for your skills to shine. Joining our team means not only contributing to financial success but also making a difference in the energy landscape.
If you're ready to take your financial career to the next level and become an integral part of a forward-thinking organization, we would love to hear from you. Let's explore how your expertise can play a pivotal role in shaping our financial future.