Manager, Incident Response (Remote - Mid-Atlantic Southeast Region, US)
- Alexandria, VA
- Employees can work remotely
The Mandiant Incident Response team is seeking a manager to manage large, client-facing projects and train/mentor other security consultants. In this role, you will use your deep understanding of both existing and emerging threat actors, as well as experience identifying rapidly changing tools, tactics and procedures of attackers. You must be able to see the big picture, understanding evolving attacker behavior and motivations, participate and manage large client-facing projects, and help to train/mentor other security consultants. The successful candidate will possess sound business acumen, strong consulting skills, current technical skills and be adept in leading multiple projects under tight deadlines. If you are interested in investigating computer crimes and breaches that make the headlines – and many more that don’t, then this opportunity is for you.
What You Will Do:
- Manage consulting engagements, with a focus on incident response and forensics. Provide both subject matter expertise and project management experience to serve as the “point person” for engagements
- Recommend and document specific counter-measures and mitigating controls
- Assist with scoping prospective engagements, participating in engagements from kickoff through full remediation, and mentoring less experienced staff
- Identify, market, and develop new business opportunities
- Articulate Mandiant’s capabilities in marketing discussions, proposal efforts, and capability briefings
- Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences
- Utilize Mandiant technology to conduct large-scale investigations and examine host and network-based sources of evidence.
- Supervise staff, provide feedback and coaching, and grow their technical and consulting skills
- Improve Mandiant’s business processes and incident response methodologies.
- 8+ years of incident response and/or information security experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Technical experience in at least three of the following areas:
- Windows disk and memory forensics
- Network Security Monitoring (NSM), network traffic analysis, and log analysis
- Unix or Linux disk and memory forensics
- Static and dynamic malware analysis
- Applied knowledge in at least one scripting or development language (such as Python)
- Thorough understanding of enterprise security controls in Active Directory / Windows environments
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Ability to leverage project management skills to effectively budget, scope, and execute engagements
- Ability to manage multiple projects and manage tight deadlines
- Prior training and public speaking engagement experience
- Ability to lead a team of highly technical security professionals
- Ability to prepare and review customized contracts for security consulting services
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a regionally-based role that must be located in the Mid-Atlantic Southeast region of the US including Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and Mississippi.