Manager - Security Instrumentation Platform (Remote- USA)
- Alexandria, VA
- Employees can work remotely
Mandiant's Global Government team is seeking an Information Security Consultant who also possesses an engineering background to support our Mandiant Security Validation platform. The Information Security Consultant is instrumental in the organization's ability to deliver the full breath of capability of our enterprise Security Instrumentation Platform (SIP). This technical role is responsible for supporting customers with planning the use of SIP, deployment of the platform, and long-term operational use of the solution.
Successful candidates have experience working in large-scale and high pace operational environments focusing on cyber defense. As well as the keen ability to design or integrate new capabilities. Demonstrated abilities in thought leadership, technical competencies in security and architecture, multitasking, cross-collaboration, and a high capacity to learn are imperative. Ideally this position will report out of Ft. Meade MD, with the opportunity for 10-20% travel throughout CONUS so we are flexible on the location of this role!
What you will do:
- Manage multiple programs through the design and architect stage of Mandiant Security Validation deployments.
- Oversee or lead teams through the deployment and configuration of Mandiant Security Validation SIP in customer environments.
- Support multiple customers on Mandiant Security Validation SIP through the sharing of best practices and communicating lessons learned.
- Serve as primary interface for client providing expertise and guidance to customers on the use of Mandiant Security Validation SIP for improving their ability to detect, block, alert and respond to cyber security threats.
- Collaborate with the Mandiant Security Validation engineering teams on suggested features, processes, and opportunities for improving the product.
- Help establish the global government team supporting clients and collaborating with the Customer Success Organization on the Mandiant Security Validation product line as the industry's best by enabling customers.
- Minimum of ten (10+) years of demonstrated information security and engineering experience
- 5+ years in planning and supervising others through major technology assignments
- 2+ years of experience with cyber security at a technical level across each of the 7 layers of the OSI Model.
- DoD 8570.01 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Ability to travel up to 35%
- Demonstrated aptitude and desire to learn new technologies and services
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to establish rapport with clients
- Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments
- Relevant certifications (Security+, CEH, GIAC GCIA, GCIH, CISSP, PMP, CSM, etc.) are a plus
- SIEM and the relationship between alerting and correlation rule triggering
- Programming language and scripting knowledge, with basic experience
- System Administration knowledge/experience: Unix/Linux
- Security device configuration and administration (firewalls, IDS/IPS, Proxy, etc.)
- In-depth security log analysis skills
- Wireshark/tcp dump skills
At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Salary: $95,000. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from Mandiant’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, Mandiant also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. Mandiant also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)