Cloud DevOps Engineer (full remote working)
- Porto, Portugal
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Technology
Launched in 1998, this pioneering British-born brand has specialised in creating unforgettable experiences - from city breaks, hotels and holidays to theatre and spa days. lastminute.com is among the worldwide leaders in the field, helping hundreds of thousands of customers every year find, and do, "whatever makes them pink".
lastminute.com is part of lm group, a publicly-traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry. Each month, our websites and mobile apps (available in 17 languages and 40 countries) reach 43 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences.
More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to providing our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel-related products and services.
*This vacancy is also eligible for External Referral Programme: Do you have a friend that you think can be interested in this position?Don’t keep it for yourself, click here and suggest us his/her profile! Check out how our External referral policy works here
* Please note that this is a full remote working position
lastminute.com is looking for Cloud DevOps Engineer with certified experience for our Technology department based in Chiasso/Poland and Spain. DevOps will collaborate directly with software engineers and SRE in order to bring a new culture empowering functional teams to self-use the platform.
- Will be part of engineering teams working side by side with engineers and product owners to improve release management infrastructure and processes
- Improve and evolve the current Self-Service Capabilities to developers
- Actively contribute to define common processes like Cloud governance, new technologies adoption, cost management and optimisation
- Collaborate with SRE teams to increase awareness of day-to-day issues for developers and inform a reliability roadmap
- Understanding product engineering problems and where new processes and automations can improve workflows
- create a DevOps culture of communication and support between product engineering and SREs
- Collaborates with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem
- Administer and provision part of infrastructure through IAC (Terraform)
- Support teams on legacy stack migrations to AWS
- Support teams on SLI/SLO/SLA definition and related implementation
- Collaborate closely with architects, developers, database administrators in order to handle the reliability and scalability of the infrastructure
- + 4 years experience as DevOps
- Strong experience and knowledge of AWS
- Strong knowledge of Docker and Orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes, EKS)
- Experience working in microservices-based architectures
- Strong understanding of configuration management tools like Ansible and IAC tools (Terraform) and their best practices.
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience using Continuous delivery and deployment tools like GitlabCI, Spinnaker or similar (CircleCI / GoCD / Github Actions …)
- Knowledge of tooling such as Helm, Gitlab CI, Terraform, Gitlab, Vault etc.
- Good Knowledge of languages like Go, Python
- Familiarity understanding of change management and incident management processes
- Experience working with product owners or product managers
- Certifications in one of above-described fields
- Good understanding of hybrid cloud architecture
- Experience in the programming language Java
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies
- Attitude to teamwork and ability to work in multi-location teams